Unconstitutional but for the better good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The county guys are notorious for cruising through a particular country dance hall (in Texas) and placing a strip of electrical tape on tail lights. They set up 4-5 miles down the road and pull you over for some bs reason.

At one time they had an officer that would break out the tail light lenses. He was photographed and the dept. had a huge shiitestorm of a PR problem.

Bearly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Slippery slope. I think public education is it better way to go. I like the most recent commercials where the professionals ie pharmacist are educating people on DUI risks.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I draw the line where the Founding Fathers drew it. The line is the Constitution. Don't cross it.

Woody

This post, because I am a drinker, and a thinker.

In fact back in the hot rod street racing days, there were some people who would not ride with me when I had not had a few drinks and I slowed down to match my abilities, I always drank more out in the clubs when everyone safely did that, and always was voted to be the designated driver while others passed out in the back seat on the way home.

Now, Wifey driving home after 2 drinks is legal, but she most likely will not find her way home nor be able to get us there using one paved side of a road. We both know it is best for me after 8 or more drinks to get us home 100s of times safely and illegally.

In those cases, we both feel our safety is more important than the “magic legal number” vapor test that turns someone into a blithering idiot ”unsafe at any speed” the legals have come up with. By law, if you have had a few drinks, they pick an arbitrary number to say you are non functional. Is that similar to profiling? They also pick a color of rifle to say it is evil and bad, profiling? The 55mph road I got a ticket on for driving 63 ( now change to a 65 speed limit ) and it is now safer because the sign changed, etc. If you are over a certain blood/alcohol limit you are profiled as dysfunctional?

Since we have a “license” for everything, how about a “common sense” license?

That would be for people that are aware they are about to bump up against their abilities and are smart enough to realize they need to back off the edge of what they are doing and do something different, concentrate on being more cautious, or get some external help. I do not stick my foot under the very old lawn mower I have with no warning sticker. (it mows better than my new one, hope I can keep it running)

One time in my life I was driving home after drinking and noticed I was wavering. (30 miles on a country road to get home) I hit the very next side road and took a two hour nap. One time I flew into what was supposed to be hazy weather, to me it was fogged in IFR, I made a U turn and flew 150 miles around that area to avoid it. One time I got the front end of my 72 H-2 Kawasaki too far up and almost had a blow over, barely stopped it after what seemed like 10 minutes by trying to hit my head over the bars on the front fender. I made sure it did not happen again. Using common sense to not drink so many beers that you can not make it to the bathroom in time seems to be something that is lacking in today's world. Most likely a law will be coming for that also, sticker on every beer.

How about those who are below average of their “magic” number for alcohol that can not function? Wifey? How about those above their “magic” number that can function? Yep we are screwed.

I had a friend who had two beers at my house. On the way home, he was driving down the road and was hit by someone who came across the center line while texting.

That was reported as an accident that involved alcohol. “Alchol must have cause the accident, Bad Stuff”

Real stastic that should be looked at, most everyone who dies has eaten green beans within the previous 3 days.

We need to pass a law to protect everyone, if you insist on eating Green Beans, a waver needs to be signed at the grocery store signed by a pharmicist and noterized by your accountant. Most lilely they willonly need to be passed out with a prescription if the Gvmt gets involved 3 yrs from now. We need to secure our homeland ya know.

Yep, like the Masons, Mormons and other organizations, we need a “Secret Common Sense Society".

If you are acting right, driving safely (like Missouri laws used to be before the feds got involved) or minding your own business, leave us alone rather than forcing my wife to drive.

Only for the good of Our Mom's Children, Ya Know?

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But...but ...where would the revenue come from to build those roads, put the new 65 MPH signs up, have the Protectors that patrol those roads for people needing help.? ( flat tires , out of gas, just broke down)

And , and ...then there would have to be test's, inquisitions, questioning for the "common sense" license...?
Then ...then revenue paid to generate such licenses, distribution, tracking, cataloging....Oh Man that Constitution thing is ...Complicated....8/

Then theres Still the Need for Patrols to keep the revenue coming in?...wow

Latest posts

Top Bottom