Unpleasant Welcome

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems the OP's had his manties in a wad and blew it out of proportion. That sure was a lot of bloviating over a short and to the point response.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
always this thread content. It is the internet. Post count and "meaningful posts" mean squat. Good lord, it is not shriners or a secret club. Trusting or not a person because of their internet chatter has always baffled me. Good thing this is America and we all can do what we want. This is not a paid forum so as far as posting in the forum, that is the rule, the rest Should be up to the individual, but as a courtest maybe put the fact that buyers must have whatever it is you want in a buyer, in the offering post itself.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome to OSA. Sorry about your "rude" first experience, but rules are rules.

It sounds as though the PM you received was not only unnecessarily rude, but a syntactic disaster. It happens, we're all human.

I'm confident your OSA experience will improve from here out.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
here ya go

unless your talking about being a dick, that one's unwritten

You seem a bit... Rigid... Pun intended... But naturally the language you quoted does not proscribe the actions of the OP. He did not post in the classifieds. There is no barring of access to ads or PM's to those selling, simply to access of posting oneself. As mentioned below.

Only to be able to *sell* in the classifieds.

We could care less who contacts you to buy. Any sales are a transaction between the seller and the buyer independent of OSA. If we limited the ability of potential buyers to contact sellers, we could be considered part of the sale, which we don't want to be.

See above by Veggie. Again though it appears as though it was the tone that was concerning to the OP. I just dislike it when folks misrepresent the rules.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you thought that response from Wormy was rude then you're going to have a real tough time anywhere on the net. I was expecting so much more, color me disappointed.

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't have trouble dealing with a "newbie" He gave his phone number, a simple phone conversation should tell you if a guy is a turd. There are a lot of lurkers, not everyone is social. Welcome to OSA. Sometimes thick skin is necessary, and a short reply may not be intended as rude.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a thread on it earlier. I'm on my phone and the search doesn't work.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If folks used their real names, this internet tough guy crap wouldn't happen.

I started that thread, different incident/story, I never replied to his PM. I did today though. No internet tough guy crap on my part, and really doubt you'd find any from me. Don't have time for that crap as there's much more important things worth my time and attention. We all know what they say about arguing on the internet...

Latest posts

Top Bottom