US Senator Coburn (R-OK) Introduces Gun Control of His Own (not kidding!!!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems relevant to resurrect an old Goldwater quote: "Extremism in the defense of virtue is no vice." We need to envision rolling back or totally eliminating background checks. This is tough to do when a majority of the population has an unhealthy fear of guns or has been cowed into silence.

If we are a free people we should embrace freedom and personal responsibility. It is easy for criminals to steal guns or get them through their relatives. Background checks are not effective in keeping guns out of criminal hands. I think the remaining valid objection to rolling back background checks is worry over people in other categories such as the mentally disturbed, or the underage without any parental guidance. We probably know such people in our town or neighborhood. What do we do about them? The easy answer is pass a law. And when that doesn't work, pass another law. That is what we have been doing and it hasn't worked. Why do we think that this time will be different and it will work?

frankos72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have said on here before, that I would like a better means to verify eligibility of the purchaser to own a firearm that I'm selling to them. That said, I embrace the Senator Coburns proposition.

Of those of you who oppose this amendment, would you honestly not use such a system voluntarily if it was available. And if so why?

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have said on here before, that I would like a better means to verify eligibility of the purchaser to own a firearm that I'm selling to them. That said, I embrace the Senator Coburns proposition.

Of those of you who oppose this amendment, would you honestly not use such a system voluntarily if it was available. And if so why?

I may use it, but it won't be for it's intended purposes. Just because I don't have to.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

Why do we need a new law to make the "Do Not Sell" list available to the public? Just do it.

If this is put in place like Coburn proposes, eventually it will become mandatory and lead to registration.

This is just a way to get more people to accept UBCs and then the next step will be much easier to impose.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Better means? In what way?

Last edited:

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of you but I want my elected officials to stand firm on issues that are important to my family... Any idiot can follow the pack!

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of you but I want my elected officials to stand firm on issues that are important to my family... Any idiot can follow the pack!

Tran, you need to learn how to discuss issues without hurling insults at anyone who happens to disagree with you. You do your own arguments a disservice by forgetting that.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Which he indeed did. Nothing has changed in my mind, yet.

Personally, I've already made the leap to give DFarcher his due and promote him:

farm3.staticflickr.com_2769_4301042126_5c1c4ac6c4.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom