US Senator Coburn (R-OK) Introduces Gun Control of His Own (not kidding!!!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have said on here before, that I would like a better means to verify eligibility of the purchaser to own a firearm that I'm selling to them. That said, I embrace the Senator Coburns proposition.

Of those of you who oppose this amendment, would you honestly not use such a system voluntarily if it was available. And if so why?

Why do we need a new law to make the "Do Not Sell" list available to the public? Just do it.

If this is put in place like Coburn proposes, eventually it will become mandatory and lead to registration.

This is just a way to get more people to accept UBCs and then the next step will be much easier to impose.

Just do what? Make all my ftf meetings at a gun store and have a4473 ran if the butter doesn't have a ccw? That's my new philosophy, haven't done it yet, but haven't done a ftf since 12-14-13 either. This is less convenient AND it costs money.

Coburn's option would be free and convenient.

Just make the list available! No need to add an amendment to an almost dead gun control bill just to revive it, and make it more acceptable to the gun owning public.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Should I be concerned that you are concerned about me, old friend? :P

Points to ponder: I have seen approximately 1% of the outrage over Alan Gottlieb's dips***tery over the Manchin amendment as I have seen vitriol flung at Dr. Coburn over his bloody TACTICS in defeating the Manchin Amendment. We went from "Coburn SOLD OUT" to "Coburn may have won this for us, but he took too big a RISK"

Gottlieb will take it in the shorts for his foolishness if you ask me. As for Coburn, everything he's done, whether it has a purpose to defeat gun legislation or not, still has the effect of providing aid and comfort to the enemy. I'll refrain from the frowny face, but just this once. :)

frankos72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Honestly? Probably not. If I feel that dubious about a sale, I'm going to decline it, period. JMO, YMMV

There are plenty of normal looking and normal behaviing, for the most part, felons in our society. Do you really think you're gut is going to be 100% accurate when it comes to detecting criminal?

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Should I be concerned that you are concerned about me, old friend? :P

Points to ponder: I have seen approximately 1% of the outrage over Alan Gottlieb's dips***tery over the Manchin amendment as I have seen vitriol flung at Dr. Coburn over his bloody TACTICS in defeating the Manchin Amendment. We went from "Coburn SOLD OUT" to "Coburn may have won this for us, but he took too big a RISK"

The amount of vitriol flung at Coburn is in proportion to the betrayal felt by those who trusted him to make a stand for 2A. It's the political equivalent to walking in on a cheating spouse. He's our Senator and he's busy selling us out.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are plenty of normal looking and normal behaviing, for the most part, felons in our society. Do you really think you're gut is going to be 100% accurate when it comes to detecting criminal?

do felons, once released and trusted to walk, sleep, and live among the rest of us, not deserve the ability to protect themselves? those they love? do people lose their rights to protect their lives, family, and property, once a family member returns home from serving his sentence?

there is already a voluntary system. so voluntary, in fact, the people who want to be a part of it pay for it themselves, without forcing everybody else to pay, through new taxes, and without adding to the beurocacy...

Latest posts

Top Bottom