US Senator Coburn (R-OK) Introduces Gun Control of His Own (not kidding!!!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After giving it some thought I have two problems with Coburn's amendment. First, it is overly complicated. Simply make a bill requiring the no-buy list to be available one way or another to the public for free. Second, make it a stand alone bill. The most troubling part to me is the idea that this cold revive a gun control bill that is currently in a coma. We shouldn't be trying to revive at all. There is nothing redeemable about it. We should let it linger and hopefully die.

frankos72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why do we need a new law to make the "Do Not Sell" list available to the public? Just do it.

Just do what? Make all my ftf meetings at a gun store and have a4473 ran if the butter doesn't have a ccw? That's my new philosophy, haven't done it yet, but haven't done a ftf since 12-14-13 either. This is less convenient AND it costs money.

Coburn's option would be free and convenient.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just do what? Make all my ftf meetings at a gun store and have a4473 ran if the butter doesn't have a ccw? That's my new philosophy, haven't done it yet, but haven't done a ftf since 12-14-13 either. This is less convenient AND it costs money.

Coburn's option would be free and convenient.

must be a typo, you can't be from the future....can you?

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not completely sold on whether it's "enemy", "self-interest" or "unwitting dupe", but essentially...yes. That you're not concerned is, well, concerning. :(

Should I be concerned that you are concerned about me, old friend? :P

Points to ponder: I have seen approximately 1% of the outrage over Alan Gottlieb's dips***tery over the Manchin amendment as I have seen vitriol flung at Dr. Coburn over his bloody TACTICS in defeating the Manchin Amendment. We went from "Coburn SOLD OUT" to "Coburn may have won this for us, but he took too big a RISK"

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Should I be concerned that you are concerned about me, old friend? :P

Points to ponder: I have seen approximately 1% of the outrage over Alan Gottlieb's dips***tery over the Manchin amendment as I have seen vitriol flung at Dr. Coburn over his bloody TACTICS in defeating the Manchin Amendment. We went from "Coburn SOLD OUT" to "Coburn may have won this for us, but he took too big a RISK"

In order to protect the 2nd Amendment he creates/supports discussion of legislature that will restrict it. Bold Tactics, how about we set all our fighter jets of fire before we go into battle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom