US Shooting Academy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

46and2

I heard it had to do with the .50 being considered anti-aircraft capable weaponry. Don't know if that is the true reason or not.

The reason I was given was that usually the .50 is designed to shoot much farther than 300 yards. As such, the scope is set to compensate for the drop of the round. Because of that, people can aim too low and the round can "skip" off the ground. If they aim high, supposedly the .50 will penetrate 8 feet of earth and could go through the top of the berm. I am NOT an expert at any firearm, I am merely repeating what I was told by the staffer who gave us the tour. Take it for what it is worth.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard it had to do with the .50 being considered anti-aircraft capable weaponry. Don't know if that is the true reason or not.

If that were the case USSA would be a place to use that as a reason, the airport is near by.

I have been there before, place is awesome. I wish it wasn't so far from my house.

xnavychief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Their web site looks awesome. They should change the name to reflect the Tulsa location and not make people think it's a national organization. US Shooting Academy would lead most to believe that they are everywhere.

repete34

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you been to USSA lately?

i45.tinypic.com_2ec3pty.jpg

i47.tinypic.com_wv4b6f.jpg

i46.tinypic.com_5my0b9.jpg

i45.tinypic.com_2d8m6n4.jpg

i49.tinypic.com_2w6zd3a.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom