USPS!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a USPS employee I cannot speak to your situation. I can only tell you that there are good people working their asses off in the processing and distribution plants to make sure that mail is delivered to the recipient in the least amount of time possible. So while you want to gripe about us, remember that if you call our customer service you'll speak with someone in the US, probably a customer service supervisor in the station who handles your mail. Try that with the other common carriers. My personal experience with the other common carriers is that you'll speak with an international call center who will lie to you. of course, YMMV and if you don't use the USPS good luck.

My wife can attest to this. We were on vacation in Alabama when she got word that her new tablet/laptop/whatever was to be delivered while we were gone and a signature was required. She called the FedEx number and the guy (probably in India) literally wouldn't help her either change the delivery date or any other suggestion she asked about. She couldn't even get the phone number of the facility that would be delivering it. She finally got word somehow that if we could make it back before Monday closing time, she could probably pick it up at FedEx's facility in OKC. We made it in time and she got it picked up.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
There is no such thing as “guaranteed” 1 or 2 day delivery with USPS unless it’s Express Mail overnight and even that is 2 day to some areas of the country. There is also no 2 week guarantee. During the last storm Amazon didn’t deliver for 4 days in my neighborhood. I think USPS might have missed 1 day but not sure since I didn’t bother going to the box to check. All delivery companies have issues from time to time and like I said, all are hiring for those experts who think they can do it better.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Package arrived in OKC on the 3rd at 11:01PM. Shows out for delivery. Package went AZ, CA , Dallas then to OKC.
United Scenic Postal Service Indeed!! :cool:

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Package arrived in OKC on the 3rd at 11:01PM. Shows out for delivery. Package went AZ, CA , Dallas then to OKC.
United Scenic Postal Service Indeed!! :cool:
Sent the cheapest way on Tuesday from left coast and will be delivered on Sat. Most of these type shipments are by mailers on pallets. We expect you to open immediately upon arrival and have the book read by tomorrow. 😜

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just when I was about to brag on the usps….
I ordered a couple of rifle barrels from a gunsmith in Virginia, he mailed them both on Monday at the same time from the same post office, with a delivery date of today.

One of them makes it here, the other winds up in Blanchard. Makes me want to slap someone stupid but they’ve already had that done to them.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a FedEx shipment today. It got delivered to a house one block north with the same house number.

I guess the wife could now be considered to be a "porch pirate," although she did ring the doorbell in case anyone was home.
I think ringing the doorbell (to make sure no one is home) is standard operating procedure for porch pirates...
:D
___

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm generally not too harsh on the USPS and I prefer them over UPS or FedEx. But...

I don't know if it's our carrier in Ada or someone else at the post office in Ada but it's pretty much the worst experience with a post office I've had. We're not getting mail that's been sent twice by our bank. Our carrier has brought mail to our house and put mail in our box that I placed on the road according to all the guidelines. Suddenly, I have to move the box to a location I can't put a box without a lot of effort and expense. All because he likes to turn around in our driveway and he'd have to back up an extra car length to get to the box after turning around. Never mind the fact I placed the box at an old driveway location with plenty of room to turn around...20 feet from the current driveway entrance. He's saying (and the postmaster is taking his side) we have to move the box to the other side of the driveway so the carrier can turn around and pull up to the box after turning around. And the location he marked is covered in concrete. It's completely ridiculous. But that frequently happens when bureaucracy wins out over common sense.

In addition, I won't be able to turn into the driveway from the south while towing a trailer if I put the box where they want it because there's not enough room. I guess I'll just rent a PO box in Francis. The $50 or $60 cost will be worth it over the temptation to punch the carrier in the throat next time I see him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom