USPSA AT USSA? Anyone from OKC going?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The coolness threshold is shifting since Jesse showed up last match.

:sunbath: I am not sure if that was a compliment or not?? Guessing the later based on the narration in my match videos. LOL!

I wouddl love to shoot ICORE this weekend but I have been grounded from shooting. Plus I still haven't setup my 650 for 45acp and the last time I shot ICORE my 625 wouldn't ignite all of those light Federal primers. I guess I gotta take it back to the guys at Red Neck Tactical with a case of Modelo Nego and have it tuned up a bit.

I am in next month or the month after that or whenever you guys shoot again. My plan is to shoot ProAm one month and ICORE the next.

No.343

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Make sure your straining screw is bottomed out. I load my ammo and then set the primers all the way down with a hand priming tool. I've been doing that for a while with Winchester primers and its working well for me.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Make sure your straining screw is bottomed out. I load my ammo and then set the primers all the way down with a hand priming tool. I've been doing that for a while with Winchester primers and its working well for me.

I am embarrased to ask this but anyways so when your primers don'w fire they are typically too high? Does the firing pin or hammer not have enogh momentum at the earlier point to cause detonation?

p.s. I don't have a f'ing clue what a straining screw is. Although it does sound like somthing I did last night.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's been my experience that if the primer is high, the force of the hammer/pin striking the primer pushes it further into the cup. Almost always fires the next strike.

I am embarrased to ask this but anyways so when your primers don'w fire they are typically too high? Does the firing pin or hammer not have enogh momentum at the earlier point to cause detonation?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

What caliber are you having to do this with? I have to finish seating them by hand in .45ACP. Seems I can always get another few thousandths. They go to flush in the press. Haven't had any NOT go bang yet but I promise it will happen at a match. And I'm just a stickler for detail.

Jesse, the strain screw is on the inside of the grip frame, under the grips and towards the very bottom of the grip. It is what tensions the main spring. If it's backed off misfires are assured. Blue loctite is your friend.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jesse, the strain screw is on the inside of the grip frame, under the grips and towards the very bottom of the grip. It is what tensions the main spring. If it's backed off misfires are assured. Blue loctite is your friend.

Got it! Now I gotta buy a screwdriver for this sport? Man I thought the $20k worth of guns was enough. :scream:

Latest posts

Top Bottom