USS John S. McCain collides with merchant ship in Pacific

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
President Trumps first Tweet was:
"Thoughts and prayers are with our USNavy sailors aboard the USS John S McCain where search and rescue efforts are underway. "

How does that make you feel about your comments now? Your kind of rhetoric is what is wrong with this country.

His first response the horrible situation was "That's too bad"

As far as my rhetoric, the republic survived Obama, and your incessant pissing, moaning, calling the president childish names etc....

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
For those that know, how far below the waterline in that class of ship do people routinely operate?

What a picture, right below the friggin missile tubes.

BN-UT550_USSHIP_P_20170821122608.jpg

Damn, that hole's bigger than my ex-wife's...heart. Yeah, she had a big heart. Shared it with lot of guys.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One report that I have read today stated that "aft steering" was disabled but brought back online just prior to the collision. I wonder if that had any bearing on the situation?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One report that I have read today stated that "aft steering" was disabled but brought back online just prior to the collision. I wonder if that had any bearing on the situation?
I would bet it did if that was the case. Saw a pic of the tanker today that hit them. It appeared it was unloaded as the bulbous bow was exposed above the waterline.

Latest posts

Top Bottom