Uvalde school police chief and officer indicted over mass shooting response

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SAN ANTONIO (WOAI/KABB) — Former Uvalde School District Police Chief Pedro "Pete" Arredondo and a former officer are facing indictment on charges of abandoning and endangering a child.

State Sen. Roland Gutierrez’s office confirmed that indictments are coming for Arredondo and former UCISD officer Adrian Gonzales.

The charges are related to their response to the Robb Elementary School shooting, which occurred at the school on May 24, 2022. Nineteen children and two teachers were killed in the massacre.

Arredondo was fired in August 2022 and lost his honorable discharge status in November of 2023 in response to his actions that day.

These are the first criminal charges against law enforcement officers in connection with mass shooting, which is the deadliest in Texas history.
https://www.ktul.com/news/nation-wo...re-mass-killing-may-24-2022-criminal-charges#
https://ktul.com/news/nation-world/...e-safety-home-invasion-suspects-officers-west

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sadly, I wouldn’t have done what they did, but I don’t think that this case is going anywhere. It’s a knee jerk reaction to a terribly sad event but I believe unless they have a Constitutional Question then the charges will go nowhere as the USSC has spoken on police actions/inactions.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Regardless, I'll take the indictment for now. Texas blew everything post-shooting so bad, doing nothing at all was unconscionable.
")!*@ Those kids" --- Every officer that failed to do anything that day (in my opinion).

Oh wait, didn't they arrest/detain a mom who had the balls to go in and get her kids out? And then started harassing her afterwards? So I guess that they did "something" that day. It's just that it was everything wrong.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
")!*@ Those kids" --- Every officer that failed to do anything that day (in my opinion).

Oh wait, didn't they arrest/detain a mom who had the balls to go in and get her kids out? And then started harassing her afterwards? So I guess that they did "something" that day. It's just that it was everything wrong.
You would be correct. The biggest difference between them and the dirtbag murdering kids, is that everyone expected so much more out of them. There's no criticism too harsh, from the bottom to the top, including Abbott in this case. They **** the bed in the worst way possible. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom