Vegetables??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know I have to consider who I’m askin’ but what do ya’ll do for vegetables in your preps? 😂😂 From what I can tell aside from canned green beans, corn/hominy and beets about the only options would be to go the freeze dried route. At least the only option I’d eat. I’ve had canned asparagus and peas and a few others but honestly they’re disgusting 🤮.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could do that but I’m not sure they’d be any better than store bought. Guess I’ll just try different things and see what I think.

Honestly this is EXACTLY what works best. And as far as the freeze dried stuff -- that's also very much a personal preference kinda thing too. Take Grumpy for example -- he will NOT eat mixed veggies from the can. He will also pick them out of any casserole or soup or chowder or ANYTHING I put them in -- says they "taste funny" ... 🤷🤨😐😶

Guess who eats the same mixed veggies freeze-dried out of the quart jar by the handfuls. Literally. Like CANDY ... Yep. You guessed it. Grumpy ... Lol I don't have any other veggies stored now except freeze dried mixed vegetables. 😂😂😂

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh and I LOVE fresh ... Or frozen ... Or freeze dried green peas. I'll eat them like Grumpy does his mixed veggies ...

But you can those mthrfkrs and I will STARVE before I eat them. 😂😂😂🤷

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1715195928799.png

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say figure out what it is you do like and get that veg or fruit and if you have something you're not crazy about- save it till there's nothing else- it goes down easier that way. I got the other prob- I like everything except boiled turnip bottoms but will eat them if dying.

Latest posts

Top Bottom