Vehicle sold by David Stanley with Tinted Windshield

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droberts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking for advice/thoughts on this one. Bout 2.5 years ago I bought a Jeep (used) from david stanley chev in okc and have been driving it nearly every day since. Today on the turner turnpike a state trooper pulled me over for a tinted windshield violation. The vehicle was purchased this way and I was oblivious to any laws against the windshield tint. The trooper said david stanley illegally sold the vehicle since the windshield was tinted. Said it was illegal to sell, illegal to buy and illegal to drive. He basically said he didn't care if I bought it that way, didn't offer any advice and wrote me a $211 ticket.

So, given all that what are my options? Talk to an attorney? Talk to david stanley? Seems to make this right david stanley should be liable for the price of a new legal windshield at the very least, and hopefully cover the cost of the fine I got for buying their illegal vehicle. Since the vehicle was sold illegally (so sayeth the state trooper) does that have any ramifications on the actual purchase of the vehicle, the contract agreement itself?

Any help would be appreciated, I'm going to talk to one of those free consultation law offices in the morning then probably david stanley afterwards.

Droberts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they sold you the Jeep without seatbelts and you got a ticket for not wearing seatbelts would you feel the same way?

Kinda the same thing.

if they sold a vehicle without seatbelts they would be in violation of state law, same as a windshield. they broke the law when they offered it for sale. the ticket has already been paid, liability for the windshield replacement is mainly what I'm concerned with. there may be some charges david stanley could face as well.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pay for an ad campaign to find all the other car owners that purchased from DS with tinted windshields. File class action lawsuit. Retire to an island of your choice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom