Very deep concealment from employer. Anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know some folks might not want to post in a public forum, so feel free to PM me.

But let's just say hypothetically you worked in a moderately-high-risk field and wanted to carry in a manner that would never, ever even possibly be exposed, until such time as it was necessary. Anything at the waist or upper body would be out of the question due to dress restrictions and even the remote possibility of a bulge being identified, or brushing against someone who might feel it. Close contact with coworkers and other people is a frequent occurrence.

So basically, a small pistol in a HIGH-ride ankle holster - like more of a mid-calf kind of thing, that would never be seen when getting up and down from sitting position, crossing legs, etc. Thinking maybe even a revolver, though I don't care for them as much... a 2" might be a better option for concealment.

Suggestions on holsters? I've never seen something like a mid-calf holster, personally. Maybe there's a reason for that... maybe they just don't work well?

Anyone got any suggestions?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
prob one of those naa 22 revolvers

Better than nothing, yes, but I'm thinking more firepower. Minimum .380/.38, or a very small 9mm - like a Nano or something.

<Edit> Hobbes, how do you carry? Ankle, by chance? If so, what holster, where does it ride, etc.?

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2 things that come to mind right off hand

http://www.511tactical.com/apparel/shirts/holster-shirts.html
I like the padding option of this, can't been see, or felt. I've been told on a thread on here where I asked about them, they aren't the most comfortable though. Sometimes you have to sacrifice comfort though I suppose.

http://www.cancanconcealment.com/#!thigh-and-garter-holsters/c1kbb
(kind of a joke, but yes they are real,....but hey a guy could rock one!)

or
this one probably won't work for you, but figured i'd throw it out there anyway as another option

sometimes the best way is right in your pocket.....

http://www.lapolicegear.com/desa-11...Rwg9w4d6hUPAXU_krN6MNPwVI5arE6kCKQaAvqJ8P8HAQ

right in the front pocket, looking like a wallet. they make these for a lot of guns i've seen. just choose a smaller framed gun than the one in the pic. that was the first one my googling came up with. i know a member here on the forum that carries one everyday, and i couldn't believe it when he showed it to me. looked like a wallet in his back pocket when he was carrying it. it's pretty cool.

best ideas that came to mind for you. hopefully someone else has some more for you!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately, the pocket thing won't work. The undershirt wouldn't be accessible enough without making the shirt so baggy it would look terrible and also risk exposure.

I'm thinking ankle carry is my best bet, or a belly band... but I think that would even show too much. Not even ankle, would have to be higher, like "calf-carry".

Even this is way way too low... would have to have the bottom of holster/muzzle no lower than the top of that sock. A good 4-5" higher than it rests in that picture.

www.galcogunleather.com_uimages_product_images_holsters_ankle_anklegloveinuse_b.jpg

Of course that makes accessibility a huge problem, but in this instance, concealment is of much more importance.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, unfortunately, the pocket thing won't work. The undershirt wouldn't be accessible enough without making the shirt so baggy it would look terrible and also risk exposure.

I'm thinking ankle carry is my best bet, or a belly band... but I think that would even show too much. Not even ankle, would have to be higher, like "calf-carry".

Even this is way way too low... would have to have the bottom of holster/muzzle no lower than the top of that sock. A good 4-5" higher than it rests in that picture.

Of course that makes accessibility a huge problem, but in this instance, concealment is of much more importance.

Definitely have to go with the garter belt

:chop:

lol

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely have to go with the garter belt

:chop:

lol
I got no problem with a sock garter holding up a holster, if it allows me the possibility to save my life or other people. Just wondering if anyone else out there has to deal with this stuff.

I mean, no way even a moderately-high ankle holster is gonna stay completely concealed when getting up and down, sitting, crossing legs, etc. Not unless you wear pants so long the cuff drags the floor, and I can't do that schitt.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom