Very deep concealment from employer. Anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about what I've linked? Carry a .38/.357 J-Frame or LCR. It would be close enough to your junk that no one at work should be contacting it unless...wait, where do you work?

Kidding, but seriously, AIWB carried close to your man parts should pretty much be a non-issue unless you have to walk through metal detector or get frisked upon entry of your facility.

http://www.socokydex.com/ltx-pre-order-page.html

If that doesnt work consider off body carry like in a backpack. At my old job backpack carry was highly utilized with the backpack in your office/cube despite company policies that dictated otherwise.
I have heard a hell of a lot of stories about them hospitals. They say it is worse than Cinemax after 11:00 PM

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wore an ankle holster a majority of the time for about 10 years (as a backup). They suck if you have to run. The problem with having a high ankle holster is with the shape of your leg, they will all fall down your calf towards your ankle just from walking. Get a holster with a garter and put it on tight, it will still work it's way down. If you want it to rider higher, get something like a lower rise boot instead of a tennis shoe so it stops higher.

It's uncomfortable to everyone in the beginning just like body armor. But when worn regularly, it won't bother you and you'll forget it's there. I wore an Uncle Mike's with garter holding a S&W Model 60 .357 most of the time. I didn't switch to the lighter 642 until around 2011.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of great options here. Yes, I will mostly be wearing scrubs... some elastic and a drawstring, but I can wear a belt... just don't see myself wearing a full gunbelt like I do with my jeans and such. Plus, wearing such thin material, and the way scrubs are cut, keeping anything reliably concealed around the waist will be an issue. I do like the Soco Kydex LTx for appendix carry. I'm thinking a small, single-stack sub-compact 9mm or .40S&W (maybe a Shield?) would be possible to carry that way, with a belt. Sad thing is, I'll have to spend $65.00 for the holster just to try it out. But it's worth it, in the long run.

Funny, when I was Googling, I found a similar thread to this one I made here a couple of years ago, trying to figure out how to carry one in my boot, but I was wearing BDU-style EMT pants those days, along with utility boots. These days I'll be relegated to scrubs or <gasp!> business dress. Ugh. Almost makes me want to shoot myself and get it over with.

I'll figure something out.

Oh, and backpack carry will likely be the norm, I'm just wanting something in addition to keep actually on my person. No metal detectors there - yet. <sigh>

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Shield isn't that much smaller than a M&Pc model. I also think the shorter barrel length of the Shield might be more of a disadvantage when carrying AIWB.

Latest posts

Top Bottom