Village Tactical is a joke

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gene Sears has always been like that. You just have to ask for help.
I used to try and ghost in to Gene's, but his wife would always spot me, now she was the nicest woman in the world, she was like Aunt Bee, probably had a pocket full of cookies, but she could be more help than you wanted. And Gene, I went in one day to ask a few questions about OU's, well I got the complete history of trap and skeet shooting, including a hands on tour of Gene's personal Broadway Trap, and then on to all OU's ever made. Two hours later I said Gene, I gotta get back to work. So maybe you just have to look like you need help, not want, but truly need it. It wasn't like going to a gun store, it was like going to see your grand parents and they had guns all over the place.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The good things about VT ( I haven't been there in 5 years) are they have some reloading stuff, some dillon parts, and some AR parts, like that little spring that flys out over the kitchen table and down the hall and it's forever lost in the anals of the world.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to try and ghost in to Gene's, but his wife would always spot me, now she was the nicest woman in the world, she was like Aunt Bee, probably had a pocket full of cookies, but she could be more help than you wanted. And Gene, I went in one day to ask a few questions about OU's, well I got the complete history of trap and skeet shooting, including a hands on tour of Gene's personal Broadway Trap, and then on to all OU's ever made. Two hours later I said Gene, I gotta get back to work. So maybe you just have to look like you need help, not want, but truly need it. It wasn't like going to a gun store, it was like going to see your grand parents and they had guns all over the place.
I don’t think the talkative and friendly nature gene and his wife had got passed down to the boys lol… the one SOB named garland acts like he’s annoyed if he has to get his ass up from his desk to help you

I go in there a lot because I often pass through El Reno while working. I go in primarily for reloading supplies

Sig365CCW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Gun shops are like gun forums. Some people know what they are talking about and some people just like to act like they do. Spend your money on what you want and where you want to spend it. I really like Sooner State pawn but got ignored there Saturday before last. Spent $500 at academy instead and I hate their buying process but it was something I wanted at a good price. I'll probably go back to SSP when they have something I want and I'm not invisible. I used to love going to Fred's years ago. Businesses come and go for various reasons.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This.

Once you get them talking they are very personable. I think they just are hands off with customers. The opposite of Mathis Brothers style.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gun shops are like gun forums. Some people know what they are talking about and some people just like to act like they do. Spend your money on what you want and where you want to spend it. I really like Sooner State pawn but got ignored there Saturday before last. Spent $500 at academy instead and I hate their buying process but it was something I wanted at a good price. I'll probably go back to SSP when they have something I want and I'm not invisible. I used to love going to Fred's years ago. Businesses come and go for various reasons.
SSP are busy as hell many times and they can be standoffish sometimes, but are good people.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Once. The feller had a bad attitude. He was just getting the store up and running years ago. I never went back. Big old boy with a beard and mustache. I can't remember what it was he just torqued my nut.
Hate to say it, but I frequent that store. He's a bit high strung, a weird sense of humor and feels he knows a lot. Prices are not really bad nor really good. I know new gun owners that love his store (he's an "expert" and not afraid to tell you. If you have a bit of a differing opinion on a firearm he will rub you the wrong way. Most of his business is online. He has little inventory but does sell quite a bit.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alway had good experiences at Village Tactical. Same at Big Boys. Not saying that's the case here, but some people are just lookin' to be butt hurt. (I specifically remember a Big Boys thread about this.) I liked Outdoor America too.

As an aside, does the business inventory tax affect how much product a business keeps on the shelf in January?
It depends on when you do inventory and file. I’m trying to stay on topic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom