Violent arrest of student.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen worse for lipping off at home. If I were her parent I'd definitely be pissed to see someone handle her that way but being unbiased, play stupid games win stupid prizes.

From what I've read, nobody is pissed that rights were violated. It was just too rough. I think there may be an argument for that but nothing that should result in any more than a slap on the wrist IMO.

Nice toss btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd bought the cop a steak dinner, and the kid would have been grounded for a long time.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, I hope he doesn't have brain damage from that ghost punch. And, not that it matters a bit to you, the death blow she delivered was after he instigated the physical contact.

Let me guess. You've probably never been in a fight have you? You've never had one iota of self defense training nor knowledge of law enforcement training either. Had she had a small knife in that hand, his carotid is gone. His actions just might possibly be a result of his training. Just something to consider, but only by reasonable people. You can go ahead with your liberal agenda, others can handle this.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Let me guess. You've probably never been in a fight have you? You've never had one iota of self defense training nor knowledge of law enforcement training either. Had she had a small knife in that hand, his carotid is gone. His actions just might possibly be a result of his training. Just something to consider, but only by reasonable people. You can go ahead with your liberal agenda, others can handle this.

You said, "...video clearly shows she hit him upside the head with a closed fist." That simply is not true. The site you cited clearly said and showed that she did not, in fact, hit him in the head or anywhere else. And her attempt (if that even was really an attempt) came after he had engaged in physical contact with her. Which to a reasonable person would show that her attempt to strike the officer did not provoke the physical confrontation, it was a reaction to the physical contact. Your assertion was untrue and now, you're back-tracking. And, as is your norm, fall back to the only bullet in your gun, scream liberal.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have any kids or grandkids acting up? I'm hungry.

Reading this thread makes me think of squealing pigs for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My kids had more than one compliment that they were well mannered. Discipline in the family unit is missing for the most part now. Kids rule the families these days. We can see how that has gone south.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am sure that your evaluation of current graduates is true. I would say it is because lots of educators would rather let a student text in class because it would be to much trouble to make them put up their phone.

By the way, I teach in a large district. 90 percent of my students passed their EOI for my subject, which was 20 percent higher than most of the other teachers in my district, I had the highest pass rate and highest average score in my district.
That is with only 3 percent of my students passing their pretest at the beginning of the year. Students learn from me because they trust that I want all of them to have a bright future, not because they like me. The reason my students like me is because they know that I am worried about their future, which is a secondary effect.
It does not matter if a student respects your authority or does not respect you. All students are scared of what is going to happen when they graduate and the great race of life starts. Are they going to get knocked down and stepped on or are they going to be out front sprint to their future. Some merely want to be in the race not winning and not losing, just staying steady and strong with their peer group. I was one of the students who just wanted to stay in the race and finish, and enjoy the run.
The best classroom management practice is establishing a relationship with your students where they know that you care about them and want to help them be successful. My evaluation of the girl in the video is everyone from the classroom teacher, administrator, police officer, counsellors, custodial staff, or anyone else in the build failed to establish a relationship of trust with her, which led to her being slammed on the ground instead of someone coming in and giving her a hug.

We actually agree then, this event was started by the ineptitude of the teacher. For you it was the inability of the teacher to establish a trusting relationship with the student, and in my case it was the inability for the teacher to discipline the student.

Latest posts

Top Bottom