Virginia Hands Out 6996 Traffic Tickets In One Weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spyglass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wooden itta been easier just to stop completely? I mean, ya mighta got home 3-4 seconds later.....now it costs $2 hunnert n' somethin'?

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ohh, baaaadddd memories. Dogs and Squids Keep off the lawn!:nono1:

Fortunately I'm a LAC(law abiding citizen) and never worried about it.

On the other hand, when my grandpa was in the Navy in HI back in the late 50's, he got busted once for going to the beach, once for sitting on a park bench, and once for walking down the street. His old Navy pal Jim was in at the same time and told me that these kind of things were commonplace back then no less.

I swear I saw one of those signs in Norfolk too, in this decade no less. I had a few old crusty chiefs that told me about those days as well, where a sudden night stick materialized to their head. . .

Isha's Pa Pa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is just outrageous. I just got one in the panhandle for $211.50 for not coming to a complete stop at 3 am. The bad part was #1 I was tired from bailing hay that late and #2 I could see for 10 miles in each direction and there were no cars in sight. When he stopped me he was a rookie cop with a attitude and there was no way to talk him into giving me a warning. I'm still pissed...

Let me get this right you did not stop at a stop sign and the police officer wrote you a ticket ! I'm thinking maybe next time you should stop at it and if he gives you a ticket then you should ***** !
And they call that a California roll stop ! :)

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can absolutely see where all this is going. I got pulled over last weekend in the early AM (headlight was out). During the course of the stop the cop ran my license and told me it was suspended!! I was kinda freaking out and asked WTH for. He told me failure to pay fines, which was nonsense (so i thought).
Thankfully he just wrote me a ticket and didn't arrest me.

Long story short i called the courthouse on monday fuming because the 1 ticket i had last year i showed for court and paid on the spot. They said i paid them but needed to call DPS. Called DPS and they said oh yeah for your ticket we automatically suspended your license, we need $350!?!?! WTF!
So i paid over $200 to the Edmond courts last year and apparently needed to pay another $350? Almost $600 and not even for DUI or speeding or something dangerous!
And apparently they sent out a notice. Ticket was in july, paid in August, notice was sent in DECEMBER!! To the wrong address!!!

And now because of their failure to notify i'm going to end up with a court date and probably ANOTHER court fine that i really can't afford for driving under suspension.

It's government mandated robbery of people that can barely afford to eat and pay the rent already.
So what you're telling me is this:
Last year, for an unspecified time, you were driving in Oklahoma WITHOUT valid insurance. You got stopped by the police, and they gave you a ticket for driving without insurance ( because you were). You paid your ticket, however you did not prove that you had valid insurance after that, and DPS suspended your license for failure to carry compulsory insurance. They sent you a notice, but you didn't get it (because you failed to notify DPS of a change of address within 10 days of your move. Am I right?) You drove around for a year and then get pulled over again. LEO sees your DL is suspended and writes you a ticket for driving under suspension ( maybe impounded your ride?) but doesn't take you to jail.
I'm gonna guess that's what happened, and say chalk it up as a lesson and move on. If I'm wrong let me know.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is just outrageous. I just got one in the panhandle for $211.50 for not coming to a complete stop at 3 am. The bad part was #1 I was tired from bailing hay that late and #2 I could see for 10 miles in each direction and there were no cars in sight. When he stopped me he was a rookie cop with a attitude and there was no way to talk him into giving me a warning. I'm still pissed...

So what you're saying is you commited a traffic violation, and that cop had tr Gaul to write you a ticket? That rat bastard!
You couldn't see any cars, but obviously there was at least one there( unless the cop wad mounted patrol?)
if you're too tired to stop at a stop sign you have no business driving. Effects of sleep deprivation are similar to driving under the influence of alcohol.
How did you know he was a rookie? Was it on his name tag?

de-evoproject

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So what you're telling me is this:
Last year, for an unspecified time, you were driving in Oklahoma WITHOUT valid insurance. You got stopped by the police, and they gave you a ticket for driving without insurance ( because you were). You paid your ticket, however you did not prove that you had valid insurance after that, and DPS suspended your license for failure to carry compulsory insurance. They sent you a notice, but you didn't get it (because you failed to notify DPS of a change of address within 10 days of your move. Am I right?) You drove around for a year and then get pulled over again. LEO sees your DL is suspended and writes you a ticket for driving under suspension ( maybe impounded your ride?) but doesn't take you to jail.
I'm gonna guess that's what happened, and say chalk it up as a lesson and move on. If I'm wrong let me know.

Well i really wasn't interested in throwing all my business out there but i guess i will anyway.

My insurance had lapsed a couple days, I went home and remedied it that night and When i went to court i took care of the ticket with a honest guilty plead since my insurance had lapsed and it was my responsibility to keep up with it. I also told the judge something along the lines of "I'm sorry, it lapsed, I didn't know it, but its on me and i've taken care of it." Showed him the card. He just sent me to pay my fine. Who was i supposed to notify that i had valid ins?

Its not like i was trying to skate by the system here. I just wanted to take care of it and be done with it. I assumed (I know, I know, but you should be able too) that a court visit and a payment would clear it up.

And as far as letting DPS know, I've notified them everytime i've moved. Its one of the things i take care of in my change of address checklists. I have no idea why they would still have an address from 3 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom