WalMart .22 ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The fact that you cant go into any store and buy a brick of ammo at any time shows its not "over".
Sure, its better than it has been...but lest be real, they used to put bricks on sale quite often. I still dont see spending .10/rd for it, and buying 50 count boxes annoys the hell out of me too...but if I find bricks for around .05/rd I pick up a few.

I remember when it was BAD, I'd rather shoot my .45 because I could find ammo for it...even though it was way more expensive.

tulsacrittergetter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The fact that you cant go into any store and buy a brick of ammo at any time shows its not "over".
Sure, its better than it has been...but lest be real, they used to put bricks on sale quite often. I still dont see spending .10/rd for it, and buying 50 count boxes annoys the hell out of me too...but if I find bricks for around .05/rd I pick up a few.

I remember when it was BAD, I'd rather shoot my .45 because I could find ammo for it...even though it was way more expensive.

Very true; you are right. I only recently started shooting .22LR on the regular (about 2 months ago). I've noticed a major increase in the availability of .22LR ammo even over the last 30 days. I guess what I should have said is, "it has gotten a lot better." You guys would know more than I would about .22LR availability over the long term. Thanks for the comment. I'm still learning :)

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its fairly new to me. I got into .22 right when the scare was starting. I was talking to my dad about finding ammo and he was shocked that you couldnt just go buy bricks as you pleased. I got lucky and he had bought bricks of .22 Thunderbolts at Kmart in the 90's whenever they put 'em on sale, so he had tons and never shoots it so he fed me ammo while it was sketchy. I think he probably brought me 10 bricks when it was SCARCE and people were getting $90 for bricks. I sure limiited my shooting, but it was nice to have some to be able to enjoy my new rifles.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My local gun shop had Federal Champions(10boxes at 50 per box-500 brick) for $30.00 per brick/no boxes. Went to Academy and they had CCI Blazers(10boxes at 50/box-500 brick) for $2.49 a box or $24.90 a brick. They also had Remington Dunderbolts but I didn't even price them.

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
My local gun shop had Federal Champions(10boxes at 50 per box-500 brick) for $30.00 per brick/no boxes. Went to Academy and they had CCI Blazers(10boxes at 50/box-500 brick) for $2.49 a box or $24.90 a brick. They also had Remington Dunderbolts but I didn't even price them.

Wow! $0.05/round for CCI Blazers?

I'm wondering how many neckbeards are going to give up now and we will finally get to see how much stays on shelves instead of being hoarded? I'd like to take a deep breath and try to convince myself we've got a 4-year "reprieve"... but I'm just not sure yet.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow! $0.05/round for CCI Blazers?

I'm wondering how many neckbeards are going to give up now and we will finally get to see how much stays on shelves instead of being hoarded? I'd like to take a deep breath and try to convince myself we've got a 4-year "reprieve"... but I'm just not sure yet.

While I get it is their money and their right to be douches and buy it all up the sad part about it is most of that ammo will never be shot...

I talked to one of these guys a little while back when I took a day from work to go to the lake. I was visiting walmart during the day to prepare for the trip and I saw this guy waiting while making my usual trip past ammo. I asked him if there was no one to help and he said I am just waiting on the 22. He had a whole system of how he knew it was coming. I asked how many rounds he had and he replied a couple hundred thousand. And he said he rarely shoots it. It frustrated me so bad. Alas oh well. It will be plentiful again someday I hope. Luckily Academy has had it for the last year or so. Usually crappy Winchester Super X but I miss good 22. I miss 2.40 a box 22....

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see that Bass Pro is going to have the 325 packs of Federal Automatch on sale for Black Friday at like $15.99 each. That is a heck of a deal. The new Academy in Yukon has shelves full of a variety of .22 ammo. Sure is nice to see the stuff so plentiful again. Yay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom