WalMart Suspends Ammo Orders Pending Gun Control Decision

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Called at 8:15 AM today and was told that they were temporarily suspending sales of ammo. I told them that I would not spend another dime at Wal-Mart ever again. I then asked for the mailing address for the board of directors so I could mail them my Sam's card. Here it is if you would like to send them a letter or a bag-o-poo...

Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
Board of Directors
Mike Bradshaw - Senoir Liason to the Board of Directors
702 S.W. 8th St.
Bentonville, AR 72716

I just drove over to our two WalMarts. I asked them if they were suspending ammo sales? The guys behind the counter looked at me like I was nutz. Said I was more then welcome to buy all I wanted. Maybe they haven't got the memo yet.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just drove over our two WalMarts. I asked them if they were suspending ammo sales? The guys behind the counter looked at me like I was nutz. Said I was more then welcome to buy all I wanted. Maybe they haven't got the memo yet.

Perhaps you should read the thread again to see exactly who is saying what. Hint: what is on the shelf will be sold.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll believe they aren't going to sell ammo anymore when they put something else on those shelves. Wal-Mart doesn't keep empty shelf space for something they don't plan to restock.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After reading that New York is going to require background checks on individual ammo buyers I now understand WalMart's position a little better.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They only thing they ever have these days that I need is 30-30. Guess I'll swing by and pickup a couple of boxes.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the Outdoor Wire;
And despite the breathless news spread over the internet yesterday, you shouldn't be warning your friends to run out and boycott Walmart. Yesterday's internet reports that the world's largest retailer was not reordering ammunition in anticipation of the Obama administration's gun-control moves kicked off another of the instant firestorms that characterize today's instant information distribution.

Walmart says they're being hammered by something that company spokesman Ashley Hardie says "is inaccurate." She says the company's ammunition sales policy has not changed, even with the talk in Washington. "We're continuing to serve our customers as we have in the past," Hardie says.

Apparently, the report was kicked off when stores reported they were not being allowed to reorder ammunition. We've been told that the retail giant's computer inventory system won't permit the reordering of products they can't quickly source.

Although unspoken, the implication is pretty simple: Walmart can't get hot caliber ammunition either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom