Walther 1911 in 22 Long Rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL! Sorry Man, but now, there is yet another little firearm part out there in the "lost dimension" where small parts and springs often go; never to be found again. If you do somehow manage to find it by some odd chance, ask if it has seen the safety plunger spring off that Glock 36 I recently launched into lost parts orbit...or the ejector spring off my Walther PPK/S....or the rear sight tab off my SW MP .22 Compact...or the safety plunger off my wife's Kimber Micro
Carry...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tell you what: you can shoot mine. That's right sports fans; I decided to get it. And like I do with most of my semi-auto pistols, when I got it home, I proceeded to field-strip it. And forgot that spring was under a lot of tension and Boyoyoyinnng! the recoil spring plug got lost. I still have the spring, and I contacted Walther CS, and they said they'd send me a new one.

So, as soon as the new plug gets here, I'll shoot it with a complete AAR.
The plug arrived today in the mail, and having learned my lesson from before, I put the pistol in a plastic storage bin and field stripping the gun, put it in.

One thing I noted immediately was the procedure for field-stripping was a combination of PP/PPK type of gun and the Colt Government Model. Push the recoil spring plunger in and rotate the barrel bushing and remove the recoil spriing and it's plug, and remove them. Position the slide over the stop and push/pull it out. The barrel is affixed to the frame and does not come off so the slide has to be pulled to the rear and lifted just like the PP series. Still, the process was simple and I then put the gun back together.

The magazines hold 12 rounds and are easy to load as there is a loading device furnished with it and this makes it much easier. My LGS has said that they will order some extra mags for me, and that will help as then I can load them while I'm watching a DVD.

The Walther handles very well, and functioning was flawless through 120 or so rounds of Remington bulk-pack. It points well and seems to be reasonably accurate in my hands. The trigger was good and the gu n was very controllable, but it was a 22 rimfire, so it should have been.

All-in-all, this is a gun that I am very happy to have picked up.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had to deal with an evil pizza man today and you (well, hopefully, most of you anyway) will be happy to learn that I killed him dead. Put maybe 160 or a bit more, rounds through my Walther/Colt Government Model 22 today, That is a fun little gun. When one hole became too big, I shifted places and made another hole.

The evil pizza box will never hurt anyone again. It really is a fun little gun. I'm thinking of taking my M1 Carbine 22 and my Government Model 22 out at the same time and re-doing WWII all over.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had to deal with an evil pizza man today and you (well, hopefully, most of you anyway) will be happy to learn that I killed him dead. Put maybe 160 or a bit more, rounds through my Walther/Colt Government Model 22 today, That is a fun little gun. When one hole became too big, I shifted places and made another hole.

The evil pizza box will never hurt anyone again. It really is a fun little gun. I'm thinking of taking my M1 Carbine 22 and my Government Model 22 out at the same time and re-doing WWII all over.
Sounds like a lot of fun.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tell you what: you can shoot mine. That's right sports fans; I decided to get it. And like I do with most of my semi-auto pistols, when I got it home, I proceeded to field-strip it. And forgot that spring was under a lot of tension and Boyoyoyinnng! the recoil spring plug got lost. I still have the spring, and I contacted Walther CS, and they said they'd send me a new one.

So, as soon as the new plug gets here, I'll shoot it with a complete AAR.
Found the plug the other day. Going through a few things trying to see if I could do any clean-up, looked down on top of some stuff on the floor and there she be!! I now have a spare.

Latest posts

Top Bottom