Wanenmacher Report.. What are you seeing out there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saltydecimator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if I am going tomorrow what time should i go if I don't want to wait in line noonish? Only reason I am going is I was able to pick up some of the freebie Sunday tickets so the wife wants to go as well I have not been to the W in probably 15-20 years
Freebie Sunday tix????? What si this madness you speak of????

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love the big show! Sold my pistol no problem and found an unmolested FEG SA85m with accessories at a great price. It's a priviledge to live in a country where we can still experience something like this twice a year. Wife went with me this time, it was a fond trip for us since our 2nd date was to the big show 15 years ago. :)

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a good time. It was great to see everybody and to meet new people. I got a great little Model Seven for a song. Also picked up a replacement mighty pen for one I lost. Thanks again Doug. You are great.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love the big show! Sold my pistol no problem and found an unmolested FEG SA85m with accessories at a great price. It's a priviledge to live in a country where we can still experience something like this twice a year. Wife went with me this time, it was a fond trip for us since our 2nd date was to the big show 15 years ago. :)

AAaaaaaarrrrrggggg! That was you! I can tell you exactly where you got that Sa85m, because it was the only one I saw at the show. Lower level, just to the right of the entrance? I've been wanting to buy one for a while (passed on a nice one at the last show, like an idiot). Asked the kid about making a deal on it, and he said it was his uncle's, and that he wasn't there at the moment. Told him I'd come back. Short time later I saw a guy walking by me with it on the upper level. Went back, and the uncle was there but the rifle wasn't. Good deal, glad an OSAer got it - I'll get me one later.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sold a few guns, picked up some powder and 9mm bullets, going to get 1K of 45's today and maybe more primers and another K of 224's.
I made my profit so I am dropping my prices today to cost because I don't want to take them home with me!

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AAaaaaaarrrrrggggg! That was you! I can tell you exactly where you got that Sa85m, because it was the only one I saw at the show. Lower level, just to the right of the entrance? I've been wanting to buy one for a while (passed on a nice one at the last show, like an idiot). Asked the kid about making a deal on it, and he said it was his uncle's, and that he wasn't there at the moment. Told him I'd come back. Short time later I saw a guy walking by me with it on the upper level. Went back, and the uncle was there but the rifle wasn't. Good deal, glad an OSAer got it - I'll get me one later.

Lol that is the one! I came in specifically looking for one, could not believe I saw one so quickly in such great shape. I was watching one on GB that I was going to get (for a much higher price) if I did not find one at the show. The old guy even gave me 7 mags, two of which are niw Chinese. I did pay full price as marked, I thought it was fair and he seemed like a good old fella. There will be one waiting for you at the next show I'm sure!

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol that is the one! I came in specifically looking for one, could not believe I saw one so quickly in such great shape. I was watching one on GB that I was going to get (for a much higher price) if I did not find one at the show. The old guy even gave me 7 mags, two of which are niw Chinese. I did pay full price as marked, I thought it was fair and he seemed like a good old fella. There will be one waiting for you at the next show I'm sure!

He said you were "tickled" to get it! Give her a good cleaning; I pulled the top cover and it looked like it had been shot very little, and cleaned less. If you see a finger swipe in the carbon above the chamber - it's mine. I passed on one at the last show for $675; I wouldn't budge $25 (I offered him $650). Dumb move. They're out there - I'll get one eventually. Just want one with the full-length gas system, which yours has (as did the one last fall). I've been looking for one for a while, which is why the pass on the earlier one was stupid. But then at the time, $675 was towards the high side. Not anymore.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He said you were "tickled" to get it! Give her a good cleaning; I pulled the top cover and it looked like it had been shot very little, and cleaned less. If you see a finger swipe in the carbon above the chamber - it's mine. I passed on one at the last show for $675; I wouldn't budge $25 (I offered him $650). Dumb move. They're out there - I'll get one eventually. Just want one with the full-length gas system, which yours has (as did the one last fall). I've been looking for one for a while, which is why the pass on the earlier one was stupid. But then at the time, $675 was towards the high side. Not anymore.

675, nice! I think those days may be gone, but who knows.

I will admit to being a little tickled by it. I broke it down with his permission to check the numbers, they all match. Broke out the bore light, it is a pristine barrel. I went through about a hundred patches last night, I don't think it had ever been cleaned before, he said he had shot some with it and had only cleaned the barrel -- I believe him!

Small world we live in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom