Wannamacher report - one word: Dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last show I went to, a dealer (rightfully) refused to sell to a couple of young guys (like, 19 or so?) who were North Dakota (and the guys were Asian? In North Dakota?) residents....

The Dakotas, Minnesota, and Wisconsin have large populations of Hmongs. Our neighborhood has several Hmong families, and some still sport their Minnesota tags. There were some news stories a couple of years ago about some Asian (I think Hmongs) who were involved in a few separate (deliberate) deer hunting shooting incidents in Minnesota IIRC. Buddy of mine from ND says they like to hunt wherever they want to - permission or not.

I like most of our Hmong neighbors; fairly quiet and keep to themselves. Very communal and family-oriented.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Dakotas, Minnesota, and Wisconsin have large populations of Hmongs. Our neighborhood has several Hmong families, and some still sport their Minnesota tags. There were some news stories a couple of years ago about some Asian (I think Hmongs) who were involved in a few separate (deliberate) deer hunting shooting incidents in Minnesota IIRC. Buddy of mine from ND says they like to hunt wherever they want to - permission or not.

I like most of our Hmong neighbors; fairly quiet and keep to themselves. Very communal and family-oriented.

I knew MN and MI, but never thought about WI and ND. Interesting, thanks!

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

There also happens to be an established Hmong community right here in Tulsa. I attended one of their annual celebrations a few years ago and it was very nice. I've worked with many of them over the years and they are a very very good group of people. Hard workers, good morals and ethics. Family oriented. Can't say enough good things.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There also happens to be an established Hmong community right here in Tulsa. I attended one of their annual celebrations a few years ago and it was very nice. I've worked with many of them over the years and they are a very very good group of people. Hard workers, good morals and ethics. Family oriented. Can't say enough good things.

Yes - we have several families in our neighborhood alone. They stay mostly to themselves, but have a party for about anything from what I understand. And when they get together, they get together; I've seen 25+ vehicles at a time parked in front of the host house. Most of my dealings with them have been positive and friendly.

Only beef off hand is they don't have much consideration for boundries at times, and my son said the kid next door that he plays with said his grandmother "hates white people". I told him to ask him next time why the hell she moved to a country full of whites? LOL!

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That looks like what I saw at the booth where I bought my P-Mags. Except the numbered thing under the window was red. I played with it a bit, but bought the P-Mags instead.

After reading the info on the link you provided, it was red because it was empty. I pushed down on the follower and it seemed to roll easily to 1, then 2, until I ran out of finger room. I wish I'd asked for more information about them, and pricing, but I was afraid it was a gimmick and didn't want to stray from my P-Mag train of thought.

Waterfowler

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My family and I went and I was not impressed. Many of the vendors were less than personable and did not seem to have time to even acknowledge I was there. They were too busy chatting with the vendors next to them. I think the best service we got while we were there was from a nice lady who was selling purses, my wife and daughter dragged me to her table as a barter for having them go to the gun show with me! However, it gave me a good experience to share with everyone..

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes - we have several families in our neighborhood alone. They stay mostly to themselves, but have a party for about anything from what I understand. And when they get together, they get together; I've seen 25+ vehicles at a time parked in front of the host house. Most of my dealings with them have been positive and friendly.

Only beef off hand is they don't have much consideration for boundries at times, and my son said the kid next door that he plays with said his grandmother "hates white people". I told him to ask him next time why the hell she moved to a country full of whites? LOL!

Most of the Hmong were brought here as refugees by Reagan. They were persecuted heavily after Vietnam for the role they played in helping us as scouts, etc... Hmong are mountain people and well known for their scouting and fighting abilities. It's a shame our government left them to be slaughtered after they risked their lives to help us and the plight of freedom.

Ccpatrick

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Yup, my neighbors fit that description.

Latest posts

Top Bottom