Wannamacher report - one word: Dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did see something new at the show. Looked like a PMAG, however it had a little windowed round counter near the bottom plate 0-30. A little gimmicky but a step up from windowed PMAGS I thought.

Randy_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This was the first Wanenmacher show I had ever been to. If this show was not as busy as previous shows, I can't imagine how those were.

I took a bunch of cash but did not find a single thing to buy. While the show was huge, the actual gun prices seemed about the same as the OKC shows I have been to (which is not a good thing). Ammo prices seemed decent though.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I talked to my FFL today. They were at the show this past weekend. They lost out on two gun sales because the buyers were from out of state. I asked if they thought the organizers could compile a list of FFL's and their table locations to assist buyers in transfers. My FFL said that is not a service that the organizers provide. They did ask the organizer for the location of a particular vendor and the organizer couldn't provide it. They finally found the vendor by walking around. My FFL then told me that if you wanted someone paged over the PA system, there was a $5.00 fee for the service.

Would buyers be willing to just let the dealer ship the gun to a FFL in their state? Would dealers be willing to do that?

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would buyers be willing to just let the dealer ship the gun to a FFL in their state? Would dealers be willing to do that?

Last show I went to, a dealer (rightfully) refused to sell to a couple of young guys (like, 19 or so?) who were North Dakota (and the guys were Asian? In North Dakota?) residents, but did offer to ship to an FFL there if they could get one on the line. They did, and the deal was done.

So it does happen.

victor152

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

This does happen. Normally the seller needs a faxed copy of the receiving FFL's license before shipping the weapon. Kind of hard to do at a gun show.

But if a buyer could find an FFL from their home state at the gun show, a transfer could be done on-site. I purchased a Pac-Lite barrel, at the show, from a vendor from Kentucky even though I'm a resident of Oklahoma. It just so happened that my FFL had a table in the next aisle from the guy I purchased the Pac-Lite barrel from. I got the FFL's together, paperwork was exchanged, and the deal was done.

I understand one of the lost deals was with a resident of Arkansas. There was probably a good chance there was at least one FFL from Arkansas at the show that could have done an on-site transfer.

SBD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was disappointed. I quit going several years ago and thought I would try it again. Not one EAA dealer and only a couple of CZ dealers so prices weren't down where I would have expected them. On top of that there were way too many curio/antique dealers for the crowd. I noticed that anything with Smith and Wesson stamped on it seemed to be worth about 200 bucks more than it should have been (never got over the S&W snubbing the public thing so won't buy them anyway - their autos suck anyway). No serious Taurus dealers either - wanted a model 44 or a Raging Bull in 44 but the only one I saw was at MSRP - I refuse to pay MSRP. Didn't see new Rossi wheel gun - was looking for a .357. Also no sweet cost plus 10% deals anymore. I did pick up a Witness in 38 super for a reasonable price but it took me all day to find it. I did find one dealer that had good prices but the tax put it above reasonable plus I didn't bring cash and he wanted to add another 4%...needless to say I walked. The best prices were from all the folks walking around trying to sell whatever. Most of them were having a hard time too. I forgot to go back and get a Geiger counter...always wanted one...don't know why though. As mentioned before reloading prices were down but not back where they should be. I will probably go in April with my Mrs. if for no other reason then to spend some time away from the kids and chasing our favorite hobby together - guns. For 10 bucks it's worth the entertainment. Oh yeah the food sucked and 5.50 for a 44 oz drink was way off. They didn't even charge that much at the fair.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one good deal I saw was a Dan Wesson revolver that was marked at $375 and I think I could have gotten it for $350. I hope one of you picked that up. Dan Wessons are undervalued, IMO.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was REALLY disappointed. If you were in the market WAY OVERPRICED antique guns you were GTG. However did anyone else notice that there were very few tables with new guns on them? I miss the old days when you could get deals aplenty at that show.

BravoOne

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
.....If you were in the market WAY OVERPRICED antique guns you were GTG.....
Hey I saw a $23,000 shotgun that looked like it was made in the 70s and rolled in a sand pit for a few years!!! "Great" deal!!!!!! (No I did not mistype the price BTW Twenty-Three THOUSAND dollars...)

…..However did anyone else notice that there were very few tables with new guns on them?.....

Also was hard to find much 9mm weapons... They all were .40... Even had a dealer tell me that he wasn't interested in any 9mm trades only .40...

Latest posts

Top Bottom