Wannamacher report - one word: Dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I made a number of trips to the restroom and every time there was a line for the stalls. Fortunately I didn't require a stall but the thought of standing in line to use a stall that had just been used by someone else was very gross to me.....

I agree, I could never take a dump there. I even had a table setup there. I was there from 7:30 to 6:15 and 7:30 to 4.

I would rather go squat out in the parking lot then take a dump at a gunshow!

sigsilly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
North of the Red River, South of the Cimarron
I don't waste my time dealing with scam artists or people trying to blow smoke up my arse.
I saw several guns on tables I was interested in but didn't bother to ask because they weren't priced.
After asking after a few and being told ridiculously high prices, I just quit asking unless I had a good feeling about asking.
There are some very good people out there not trying to rip you off that will give a fair deal but it's hard finding them sometimes with all the scam artists.
Lots of those guys buy guns from people walking around then sell them off their tables. That is all they are there for.
I prefer to deal with hobbyists who are just financing their hobby and not trying to make a living off of some gullible individual.
If you want to really get good deals, you have to be there Friday before it opens to the public. More guns and items are sold then between dealers than you can imagine.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are a lot of deals that go down on Friday. I was making sales before I could get rifles out of the boxes. I had some dealers that knew I was going to be there, that normally purchase parts for resale waiting for me to find the box that had a quantity of add on parts, so that they would have more to sell.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So if you're raised right, you don't handle items off the shelf at Academy or the grocery store without asking someone first? What about the flea market (which lets be honest, is absolutely the best comparison here)?

In an environment setup for you to self-serve, that's what you do - if someone wants to sell a gun and its sitting on a table with a price-tag and they're standing there looking at me, I'll look them in the eye and either ask or get "the nod", but if they're busy talking to someone about something else and I flip over a price tag (or handle the gun to see what's on the other side of it - like a Springfield 1911 that happens to be sitting "Brazil-side down" so I can see where it was made), and I get yelled at (and there either wasn't a sign or there was a tiny one hidden somewhere), you can bet your ass I'm yelling back about how that person should have the common courtesy to put clear signs up and/or get their crap out of the gun-show if they didn't want people handling their stuff.

Its not even a gun-store - its basically a craft-fair or flea-market where they're trying like crazy to sell something in a very user-friendly way (meaning - you should be able to handle everything not locked behind glass).

And I saw more than a few tables with either no one at the table (you ask the guy standing there and he says, that's so-and-so's table, he just left), or you see a couple of folks sitting around talking and not paying you the least amount of attention. Those people have no right to yell/gripe about anything - they're wasting space.

And let me point out that I didn't go up to any tables and start handling things without at least the "nod" or "the wink and the finger-pistol", but the attitude of yelling at someone for "handling guns" at a gunshow to me says that they should have been raised better (or beaten with a sock full of nickels until they learn some manners).

I just saw enough bad attitudes at this last show (and lack of deals on what I was particularly looking for - which I had seen for years previously at the shows), that it soured me on them for a while.

If you got a good deal then great, I was looking for things that I knew to be at past shows and didn't find anything - and the deals I saw were far from good.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad I skipped this year if all the good deals were done between dealers the day before the show opened, and gun-touching was looked upon as a sign of bad parenting. This has not been the case in years past.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad I skipped this year if all the good deals were done between dealers the day before the show opened, and gun-touching was looked upon as a sign of bad parenting. This has not been the case in years past.

What is the sense in going if all the good deals are gone before the public gets a chance to attend? Probably why I save my time and money and just quit going.

Latest posts

Top Bottom