Wannamacher report - one word: Dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I'm 29 and would not touch a gun without asking. Maybe I'm just overly polite. Is it that much of an inconvenience to ask? JMO

At a crowded GUN SHOW, filled with people who may or may not have the same ideals as you, yes.

I'm not saying it's right to just handle and play with every gun on every table, but that if you put it out on the table and put a price tag on it, don't complain about the people that do pick it up and handle it.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mark, you are right. It is definitely a business for most of those guys and we really shouldn't begrudge them the fact they are trying to make a profit. Frankly, I would rather deal with local guys and pay a little more than deal with people I don't know. Haggling a little is part of the fun, but at the end of the day, if a guy makes his living selling guns and related stuff, he absolutely has to make a NET profit. I don't work for free and don't expect a gun dealer to do so either.

I used to have two tables out there where I would try to buy Colts, Smiths, and Walthers. I am extremely guilty of using my "Golden Rule." However, I was never nasty about it. What gets me is that some of the guys behind the tables are such raging douches. I wonder how they function in every day life.

Your right, some actually are, but the same can be said about customers that haggle you to death. I guess you have to remember that the ones that take in trades or buy guns are doing so to make money, like the pawn broker on the show.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I handled several guns, always asked and usually got told sure go ahead. I even told one guy I was done buying for the day but sure liked a little revolver he had on his table, he cut the strap off so I could look it over and spent time visiting with me knowing my cash was spent already.

Did have a couple of people at tables give me attitude and just ignore me when I was looking at possible purchases. One guy had a winchester 94 which was on my buy list and he would have had a sale if he hadn't acted like I was bothering him. His loss I bought a nicer shape rifle for less an hour later.

Got to stop by and see Mitch, and Mark at their tables a bad day at Wanamacher is still better than a good day at the office.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I handled several guns, always asked and usually got told sure go ahead. I even told one guy I was done buying for the day but sure liked a little revolver he had on his table, he cut the strap off so I could look it over and spent time visiting with me knowing my cash was spent already.

Agreed, there were some nice people there. We talked to a guy who had a beautiful Ruger Super Blackhawk. Same deal, we had nothing to spend at that point.

... a bad day at Wanamacher is still better than a good day at the office.

Sig line material.

stepper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did it look like this?

awww.everydaynodaysoff.com_wp_content_uploads_2010_02_Desert_Eagle_Tiger_Striped.jpg

:rotflmao:

That is the gun. I think it was all gold though, but yes, that was it! It was like $1795.00.

Latest posts

Top Bottom