*Warning*........bad 1911 mags

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I purchased a Rock Island Tactical CS earlier this year. I went to Midway and purchased 3 Metalform officer size .45 ACP magazines. They are the 7 shot mags. Anyhow, all 3 magazines failed to feed the last round. The factory mag performed 100%. So before you flame, really I'm a 1911 newbie, I shouldn't have skimped on the mags. Being a police officer and carrying everytime I walk out the door, I can't say I would trust my life with their mags. I sent them an email asking them to replace the magson Friday. Hopefully they will make it right. Anyone else have problems with their mags?

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I purchased a Rock Island Tactical CS earlier this year. I went to Midway and purchased 3 Metalform officer size .45 ACP magazines. They are the 7 shot mags. Anyhow, all 3 magazines failed to feed the last round. The factory mag performed 100%. So before you flame, really I'm a 1911 newbie, I shouldn't have skimped on the mags. Being a police officer and carrying everytime I walk out the door, I can't say I would trust my life with their mags. I sent them an email asking them to replace the magson Friday. Hopefully they will make it right. Anyone else have problems with their mags?

No but.....

Chip McCormick or Wilson for self defense or duty FTW.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with Redmax, I have a RIA tactical along with several Wilson Combat and Chip McCormick mags. I've always used Wilson Combat mags with my previous mags as well with no
hang ups.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a thought. Did you load the magazines and leave them fully loaded for a day or two. Sometimes the springs need to take a set before you start using them. I think even high end magazines recommend this procedure.

Another thought as I'm typing here, was the magazine follower trying to engage the slide stop too early?

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a thought. Did you load the magazines and leave them fully loaded for a day or two. Sometimes the springs need to take a set before you start using them. I think even high end magazines recommend this procedure.

Another thought as I'm typing here, was the magazine follower trying to engage the slide stop too early?

seems that the followers have some play.....forward play. When I dropped the mag, the round had moved forward but didn't chamber......beats me...like I said, I'm a 1911 noob. I will have to take pics next time.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive got a couple that I run through my RIA..never had a prob.Usually get the CM or Wilson...Tripp are good ,dont have any ,but I used some my buddy had. They ran fine....FMJ or HP boolits?

Latest posts

Top Bottom