*Warning*........bad 1911 mags

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use Metalform magazines in both my 9mm and 45ACP 1911's. They have been totally reliable in my Dan SWesson 1911's and several Colt &/or miitary 1911's.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a trio of KimPro tacmags from midway during the black Friday sale because they were the cheapest of the quality mags at the time and they have been flawless.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know kimbers lesser mags are bad but these have lived up to all the reviews I have read. By my experience they are quality and that's all I care about

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
KimPro and quality does not belong in the same sentence, They maybe ok mags but they don't compare to Tripp or Wilson

I STRONGLY disagree. I have many and they have been 110% in many 1911's through thousands of rounds and many drops onto contrete, dirt, mud, gravel and other surfaces.
They only thing I think wilson has going for them is the way their baseplates attach, which are like many others.

Chip Cormick makes Kimbers mags, FYI.

Wilson and Tripps may be great, but as are KimPro's.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
KimPro and quality does not belong in the same sentence, They maybe ok mags but they don't compare to Tripp or Wilson

+1 I STRONGLY AGREE :D

Wilson, Chip, and Tripp are the standard. Wilson's CS is also second to none.

MrShooter, could you cite your source for McCormick producing Kimber's mags? Kimber puts out junk mags with their guns and I have a hard time believing this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom