*Warning*........bad 1911 mags

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1fast8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this may not even be relevant since i had a 9mm not 45 acp but i had a very nice kevin toothman 9mm that came with metalform mags i was told they were tuned by kevin to that gun NEVER had a prob with those mags in kevins gun or my wilson combat pistol.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 I STRONGLY AGREE :D

Wilson, Chip, and Tripp are the standard. Wilson's CS is also second to none.

MrShooter, could you cite your source for McCormick producing Kimber's mags? Kimber puts out junk mags with their guns and I have a hard time believing this.

There is a big difference between standard Kimber mags and the KimPro mags. I only have experience with the latter and like I said before I have heard lots of good things about them.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a big difference between standard Kimber mags and the KimPro mags. I only have experience with the latter and like I said before I have heard lots of good things about them.

I'm aware of this.....took a few in trade and they didn't run right in my Baer, so they're all junkers to me. Either way, he just said Chip makes Kimber's mags and I'd never heard this so I'm just curious.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm aware of this.....took a few in trade and they didn't run right in my Baer, so they're all junkers to me. Either way, he just said Chip makes Kimber's mags and I'd never heard this so I'm just curious.

I've had issues with 47d's in 2 quality 1911's, but i still dont call them junkers. Either way, its cool, you like what you like, and same for me. Life goes on, yada yada..
:hithead:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Ok.... where does it say "we make Kimber's mags."

I've had issues with 47d's in 2 quality 1911's, but i still dont call them junkers. Either way, its cool, you like what you like, and same for me. Life goes on, yada yada..

Sorry but these particular ones were, maybe they weren't the norm but I've never been impressed with Kimber products, they make junk small parts and have a good history of stuff breaking. I'll stick with Wilson, better company, better parts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom