Warning Shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shoot them both and if they didn't have guns then give them one.

I am too old to take a beating but young enough to carry extra throw away guns.

Best post in the thread!! LOL!!

For the sake of discussion this is purely fiction. Put yourself in the place of the shooter. What would you do?

Walk away. Quit letting pride get the best of you. Grow up.

I wouldn't have taken it upon myself to enforce the speedlimit, and I certainly wouldn't have blinded a guy while he's driving.

Yup on all counts. Don't be a policeman. Once again, stupid for flashing a driver, stupid for not walking away, stupid for firing a shot in the ground. There is a huge difference in someone attacking you unjustly, and someone coming to whip your butt cause you were trying to police them. 2 on 1 is a disparity of force, but when you were part of the escalation, it doesn't come into play.

918Shooter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think avoiding confrontations is always the best idea. However, how the heck would you know what someones intentions are when being approached in a confrontational manner.
You flashed your brights at someone who had their brights on and now 2 guys show up coming to kick your butt because you escalated things by flashing your brights? There are levels of escalation and I'd say this is near the bottom. The rationalization of negating disparity of force because a flashlight was shined on a car is extraordinarily weak IMO.
Say you didn't shine your light and the park owner yelled slow down and they show up at your site taunting you and approaching. How do you determine what their intentions are?

There is a huge difference in someone attacking you unjustly, and someone coming to whip your butt cause you were trying to police them. 2 on 1 is a disparity of force, but when you were part of the escalation, it doesn't come into play.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a dodge confrontation at all costs kinda guy so I woulda said "Hey fellas I was just trying to get you to slow down, I'm camping out here with my family." All the while making sure I can cover the distance between me and my RV before they can get to me. If the aggressive words or actions continued I'd say look fellas I'm not looking for any trouble, I'll see you later. And then I woulda stepped inside the RV and locked up. If they decide to harass me then, I'di leave if I can and call the authorities back to give them an update. If it's a drag a long camper where I can't just drive off then I stay on the line so I can narrate the events as they unfold for the dipatcher until law enforcement arrives.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Taken from USAcarry.com
Those who carry must go out of their way to avoid conflict and confrontations. Failed
We must be more mellow and discreet with an easy-going attitude. Failed
Just because we can legally carry a concealed weapon does not make us police officers nor vigilantes. Failed
We should not have a macho, emotional, killer instinctive reaction, but rather avoid trouble, use non-emotional judgment, and de-escalate confrontations. 50%

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First off flashing someone with a bright light would be dumb as sin because why? Bueller? Buellar? Anyone? Anyone? Because it draws the attention of a vehicle operator and people tend to steer where they are looking. That's why so many cops wind up getting hit on the side of a highway, lookie loo's staring at the lights. Secondly blinding someone operating the vehicle could result in them running over your kid sitting at he picnic table eating watermelon because they can't fricken see the road. So at that point the hypothetical mouth breathers are already too stupid be breathing much less breeding and driving/towing a big ass RV.

I run at night in my neighborhood running on the sidewalk is a good way to get injured so I run in the street, counter flow to traffic dressed in hi viz gear and and I carry a low output light to see by in parts of the neighborhood that aren't awash in the glow of a sodium vapor lamp. I might not like they way someone drives but it's none of my damn business to tell them their business. Instead I can get my ass up over the curb and out of the way of traffic, no need for the little .380 in my armband. Complain enough and the city will post an officer in your neighborhood to hand out tickets, a friend of ours did this... She got a ticket for busting the stop sign she complained about everyone else running.

I also ride a motorcycle and nothing pisses me off more than some jackass riding my ass following too close, so I slow down to a speed safe and reasonable for the following distance they are allowing, when they decide it's time to pass me I don't flip them the bird or scream at them I just let them go.

The whole damn problem is too many people wanting to meddle in the affairs of others.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Taken from USAcarry.com

Great quote

I might not like they way someone drives but it's none of my damn business to tell them their business.

The whole damn problem is too many people wanting to meddle in the affairs of others.

You mean, I don't have to be the parent for the entire world?

I'm a dodge confrontation at all costs kinda guy so I woulda said "Hey fellas I was just trying to get you to slow down, I'm camping out here with my family." All the while making sure I can cover the distance between me and my RV before they can get to me. If the aggressive words or actions continued I'd say look fellas I'm not looking for any trouble, I'll see you later. And then I woulda stepped inside the RV and locked up. If they decide to harass me then, I'di leave if I can and call the authorities back to give them an update. If it's a drag a long camper where I can't just drive off then I stay on the line so I can narrate the events as they unfold for the dipatcher until law enforcement arrives.

Don't try logic in this thread, it doesn't work here......

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NO warning shots or brandishing. Retreat and be ready for whatever happens next. Period.

Unless youre an ex-boxer/martial artist who still regularly practices (like me) and is always looking for a good sparring workout with a couple of idiots then retreat to that camper smooth and quick with your hand on weapon but still concealed to go protect yourself and family in your temporary home. If these dudes then come and are working on prying the door open to the camper then be ready for them because that was your warning from them that they more than likely mean to do you harm, and now if you truly feel like your life is in danger then when they come in that door its finally time to 'warn' them by emptying your magazine(s) into them.

Since this is a supposedly 'ficticious' thread anyways then my own little scenario may be pure fiction too but it is what Im pretty sure I would do if I was not going to stay and fight mano to mano or I wasnt physically able to put up a good fist fight, etcetc, whatever, doesnt really matter, just do as 'you' see fit for your self. Warning shots and brandishing are bad news legally IMO. Backed in a corner in fear for your life and shooting to survive is one thing, 2 men on top of you out on the road beating you is another, but 2 men walking toward you even though they are heeding verbal warnings IMO do not justify brandishing or at the furthest extreme, warning shots. Im not a cop or a soldier just a regular dude so what I would do may be totally wrong but it will be me in court defending myself, not me and OSA.

Latest posts

Top Bottom