wasps in deer feeder-what to do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dealt with this issue yesterday at farm, trying to get a feeder back up and running...noticed a few wasps going in the bottom, between the funnel and bottom of feeder. Did the ole flip it over and run, dang red wasps came pouring out of that thing. I killed maybe 6-7 with my cap....but there had to be 40 wasps in that thing. Tried to get the funnel out but kept getting buzzed....went the sissy way and broke out the wasp spray, that did it eventually, had to wash out the feeder, but got it all back up and running. Here is a pic of the nest.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Screenshot_2013-09-12-09-23-40-1.jpg Always a good time! YEE YEE!!!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn dude.

I'm still waiting to hear the story. Got the use of your arm back yet?
No big story here. Opened the door to see this big nest and the disturbed wasps came at me. I quickly backed away and as they calmed down and landed back on the nest, I approached slowly and carefully. When about a step away, I plotted my quick retreat. When I was comfortable with my path of retreat, I stepped closer and in one quick motion swatted the nest to the ground and planted a size 13 boot on the nest as I began my retreat. I had one wasp that landed on my bicep and had just started a sting when I swatted him away. After a few minutes, I realizee the nest was wide enough my boot didn't smash it completely and I had to ease in to complete the task.

Latest posts

Top Bottom