We Are Not A Democracy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are a Constitutional Republic, not a democracy under any shape or form.
The founders and framers gave this country the right for states to elect representatives to vote for them in the halls of Congress according to their wishes which has deteriorated to the point it's no longer observed.
Congress has become political hacks looking to make bank with their personal finances and vote according to their wishes, not the wishes of the electorate.
I know it would take a Constitutional Convention to introduce term limits as the Constitution omitted that, but if there were a way to have only that one issue on a ballot for an amendment to the Constitution, how many would vote for it?
I would. Two terms and you're out.
It's insane we let the mentally challenged like Pelosi and McConnel stay in office as long as they have, and it's not a current issue. Strom Thurmon had the record at one time. China Mitch may have it now.
We live in a Constitutional Republic (not a direct democracy), but it is still a democratic form of government. It is a type of democracy because the people govern themselves. It’s a republic because the government gets its power from the people.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a serf I would have a a shorter work week, lower taxes and 150 church sponsored holidays a year.
You can do that now. Zero days working, less taxes cause 12.5K is the cut off. And feel free to go to church as often as you want. Nobody is making you work. That's exactly what I tell subordinates when they ***** about their working hours. Don't work. Go home. No one is making you do this.

Pennyless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
As a serf I would have a a shorter work week, lower taxes and 150 church sponsored holidays a year.
True. You also were bounded to your lord and land while having to worry about famine. Not to mention raiders and barbarians raping your wife and selling you're kids into slavery.

I posit the argument that we can have both a more balanced work life and the safety and security of modern times.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
True. You also were bounded to your lord and land while having to worry about famine. Not to mention raiders and barbarians raping your wife and selling you're kids into slavery.

I posit the argument that we can have both a more balanced work life and the safety and security of modern times.
You also got to sleep in a comfy house with your animal friends. A good lord would have loyal knights and hired mercenaries to defend his fiefdom.

Latest posts

Top Bottom