We buy homes.......??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone ever used one of the house buying companies around OKC? I know that you are not going to get as much money as you would with a real estate agent, but I also would not have the fees. I have time to fix up the house and sell it, but I would love to sell it quick and not have to mess with it.
Just wondering how it works and how close to appraisal value they will pay.
Thanks

Stephen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a house been sitting for a year, would also like to know the option about that. Last time I had a guy contacted me, and we set up the time to look over it and he offer to make a monthly payments to me with 10k down! LOL

Last edited:

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The "we buy homes" type stuff are real low-ballers, much more than average investors.

Myself and several of my friends buy houses that are fixer-uppers. Personally, my price point is a little lower than others. I try to buy at a price where I can fix it up and refinance it out afterward for 80% of appraisal and get all my money back. That's a pretty typical strategy. The "we buy homes" are much lower than that. Since I buy with cash, I try to get around the $50k price point, but it will vary some. I closed a house last week for $34k and I will close another 3 weeks for $75k. One of my friends just has one of his flip houses for sale now for $400k. My pockets aren't that deep. LOL

What price point are you guys trying to sell at?

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The "we buy homes" type stuff are real low-ballers, much more than average investors.

Myself and several of my friends buy houses that are fixer-uppers. Personally, my price point is a little lower than others. I try to buy at a price where I can fix it up and refinance it out afterward for 80% of appraisal and get all my money back. That's a pretty typical strategy. The "we buy homes" are much lower than that.

That's what we found out when trying to sell inlaws house^^^^^. Went with realtor and got decent price. Updated with paint and carpet and sold it...

Last edited:

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been buying HUD houses for about 35 cents on the dollar of what the tax assessor has them valued at and don't see the homevestor guys really competing with me on them so I guess they are really really lowballers.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see those commercials on TV and the first thing I think of is used car dealers selling houses.

I see these type of commercials and think of how wealthy the couple are at the expense of someone struggling to get by and they're already down on their luck. And these people make some fast bucks at others expense.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother does some investing. PM me the address, price range, and what(if any) work needs to be done, and he might make an offer. No promises, but it is an option if anyone is interested.

Latest posts

Top Bottom