We need to set up an old fart get-together.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tend to be the introverted hermit type, but I might try to make this, depending on time and place.
I would be good to have faces for the names.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking of a Friday or Saturday evening coming up in the next few weeks, maybe. We can always have more get-togethers, make it a regular thing, etc. This is different than the eat-n-shoot type thing, as weather and hauling guns and all that can discourage some, as well as the fact some don't like to be around others shooting.

I know I work this Saturday morning... but after 12 or 1 I am free to hop on the road. The following weekend I will actually BE in OKC for a concert on Saturday evening, but have dinner plans with the fam and some friends. Could potentially come up earlier and make it a lunch thing, or even breakfast in OKC sometime if'n ya'll want.

I think I am also on-call Easter weekend, but really, the only thing that limits is Saturday morning, I can take call from anywhere as long as I have my cell phone.

Let's brainstorm and see what people can do over the next few weeks, if we would want to do breakfast, lunch or dinner, or whatever. Throw out some places we could gather, too, sounds like we could easily need 20 or more spots, but that's ok.

Haven't heard anything in this thread from @lasher or @steelfingers, I'd like to see them there, among others. You guys feel like it?
I may have to have my wife wheelbarrow me to it, but if can be done, I'll make it.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I may have to have my wife wheelbarrow me to it, but if can be done, I'll make it.

We'll make sure.

No one's suggested times or places yet... so here's my suggestion based on what works for me.

I suggest an early dinner Friday evening, March 29th, maybe something like 6PM. I am going to be in OKC on the 30th for a concert anyways, so I could bring the family up a night early, leave them at the hotel and let them have pizza and The Boy will love going to the hotel pool. Someplace we can kick back, make a little noise, hoist a few pints and stick around a couple hours without pissing off the staff. We would need a headcount, some "fairly" firm participation rates to be able to reserve a place.

OR... maybe we meet somewhere for dinner and then maybe retire to a cigar bar or someplace - @Cohiba, don't you have a place you go for this? Would they be able to accommodate 10, 15 or 20 of us? I'm assuming some of the participants might want to make it to one or the other, but maybe not both?

Anyways, that's my suggestion. I know some wouldn't make it, no matter what time or day or whatever, someone will miss out. I'm thinking maybe we can do this regularly every few months, maybe even swapping between OKC and TUL to give people an opportunity to get in on the heckling and debauchery.

So whaddya fatasses say???

Oh, and I'll throw in there, I'm willing to pony up some cash to help those less fortunate to come with us. Like I said, I can probably pick up 1 or 3 and deliver them safely home after in the metro area, and I'm willing to contribute to the fund to make dinner and an evening out with a couple beers and a stogie not be a hardship to anyone who wants to. Just message me privately and we can figure it out, or we can figure something out.

LISTEN.... I don't want ANYBODY, and I mean ANYBODY to miss out on this STRICTLY because of cash. We're not going to Mahogany Prime and we're not doing shots of Cabo Wabo or Patron (as a group). This isn't going to be an expensive night out, but if even a modest night out is too much for you PLEASE MESSAGE ME. I can help. I WILL help. Much as we might fight and piss each other off here at times, we are a family. A dysfunctional, caterwauling, whining and b|tchy family. We'll figure it out. I think that there're enough of us here than can afford to pick up dinner for 1 or 2 each to make sure everyone gets a chicken fry, a steak or a burger, right? Right.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AARP is so desperate for members they'll sign you up once you reach 50!

They've been that way for a long time. I'm currently 72 for two more months, and AARP was sending out information to us before I turned 50.

Side note: I'm not sure that all members would appreciate a cigar bar. I've been a non-smoker now since 2003, and I'm not sure I could be in a room full of smoke for very long.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s a neverending stream of junk mail! I’m afraid to call them to get me off the mailing list cause they’ll have my phone number then!

Hell, it's worth it just for the hotel discounts! I ain't ashamed to flash 'em my card....

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Side note: I'm not sure that all members would appreciate a cigar bar. I've been a non-smoker now since 2003, and I'm not sure I could be in a room full of smoke for very long.

Me, too. Non-smoker since 12/31/1999, but smoked for over 30 years before then. Still, we could all meet up for dinner, drinks, burgers, dogs, burritos, whatever and socializing. If some want to head for a cigar bar or whatever, so be it. The rest of us could stick around and converse (until we got run out!).

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hell, it's worth it just for the hotel discounts! I ain't ashamed to flash 'em my card....

AARP is so anti-gun, I ain't giving them one red cent. I used to get tons of mail from them. I kept putting hand written notes on their subscription forms to the affect that they would not get a dime from me until they changed their anti-gun stance. I guess they finally got the message ... I haven't heard from them in ages.

Latest posts

Top Bottom