Well I saw my first baiter today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No more dangerous than shooting from a stand? Really? Ok whatever you say. Then why is it illegal?

Take a break there okhunter while I go back and read where I said my brother shot from a road. Nope, I sure can't find it. Your so worried about everyone breaking the law that you seem to read between the lines. while you're telling me how dangerous he is, answer one more question for me so he sure stays legal. Is it also really dangerous and against the law to shoot from a wheel chair?

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh I forgot...it's a motorized wheel chair.My God, quick someone get a rope. I'm done.......
The whole last part of the discussion was about shooting from a road. That's what we have been talking about all along. Not a disabled person with a permit shooting from under their deer stand. I have no issue with that.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is the same as shooting from a boat. As long as the motor is off and it is stationary. It is perfectly legal. So long as it is on your own property/private property and not in a right of way.

I know 4 guys that got tickets for driving in their pasture, spotting a doe, getting out of the truck, and using the truck bed for a gun rest. I don't know if they fought it in court, but the guy I know just paid the fine.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I totally understand hunting from a high rack in Texas. It's legal there on private property. But we are talking about shooting from a public road here in Oklahoma.
Dennis I also understand about the non ambulatory permits, but I'm concerned about the guys shooting from a county road at a coyote, deer or whatever.

Hi Racking is not legal in Oklahoma on any property including private. The only way you can hunt from any motorized vehicle in OK is with a non ambulatory permit, and the vehicle must be parked and turned off/not running.
Water Foul from a boat is a different story, but again the boat has to be parked and turned off/not running.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Racking is not legal in Oklahoma on any property including private. The only way you can hunt from any motorized vehicle in OK is with a non ambulatory permit, and the vehicle must be parked and turned off/not running.
Water Foul from a boat is a different story, but again the boat has to be parked and turned off/not running.
This is true. Never seen a high rack until I hunted Texas the first time about 15 years ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom