Well I saw my first baiter today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My legless Brother hunts from his vehicle for an obvious reason. Shooting at a coyote from a vehicle is no more dangerous than shooting at it from a stand. You still have to make sure of the background and be aware of your surroundings..
No more dangerous than shooting from a stand? Really? Ok whatever you say. Then why is it illegal?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So how far from a vehical do you have to be to shoot a deer or coyote? I would assume some folks drive to their hunting grounds, at what point from parking are they allowed to start hunting?

If the Hipo had trucks full of topless girls to entice guys to speed, should they have horrible boobs(two fried eggs hangin of a nail type) so its not entrapment?

Love the humor! :D
There is no regulation about how far you have to be away from a vehicle to shoot game.
How ever, there is a regulation about harassing game with a motorized vehicle among others.

You can't be driving down the road, slam to a stop, and take a step out to shoot a deer or anything else. Basically that would fall under the "shooting from a road" reg.
Run into the ditch on land you have permission to hunt on, I'd fight it.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No more dangerous than shooting from a stand? Really? Ok whatever you say. Then why is it illegal?

Just to play the advocate here....
I don't condone road hunting or like guys who just park and sit in the truck, but what makes shooting from a truck dangerous? Driving down the road flinging lead at everything ya, but sitting in a truck as opposed to a stand???

That being said, we high racked in mexico (legal just like in Texas). I shot javelina from the rack of a truck and it really wasn't any different that a tower stand.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just to play the advocate here....
I don't condone road hunting or like guys who just park and sit in the truck, but what makes shooting from a truck dangerous? Driving down the road flinging lead at everything ya, but sitting in a truck as opposed to a stand???

That being said, we high racked in mexico (legal just like in Texas). I shot javelina from the rack of a truck and it really wasn't any different that a tower stand.

I totally understand hunting from a high rack in Texas. It's legal there on private property. But we are talking about shooting from a public road here in Oklahoma.
Dennis I also understand about the non ambulatory permits, but I'm concerned about the guys shooting from a county road at a coyote, deer or whatever.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Put your mind at ease okhunter. I don't shoot anything from the road. This discussion has kind of taken a left turn. But for the life of me I can't see how my brother is any more dangerous to shoot from his truck when it is parked right beneath my damn deer stand.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is legal to shoot a deer from your vehicle, on a road, that is on your property. Not a county road though. If you want to turn your vehicle in to your deer blind, then that is fine. As long as it is on your own property.

There are not many situations or scenarios where shooting from a county right of way would be safe. 99% of shots that are made from the road are split second decisions that are not analyzed much at all. Safety is not taken in to as much consideration as it should be because the shot generally has to be made "right now"

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It is legal to shoot a deer from your vehicle, on a road, that is on your property. Not a county road though. If you want to turn your vehicle in to your deer blind, then that is fine. As long as it is on your own property.

There are not many situations or scenarios where shooting from a county right of way would be safe. 99% of shots that are made from the road are split second decisions that are not analyzed much at all. Safety is not taken in to as much consideration as it should be because the shot generally has to be made "right now"
i do'nt think you can legaly hunt from your vehicle on your own land.it is against the law to use a motorized vehicle in the aid of hunting deer unless i am the one wrong all these years ???

Latest posts

Top Bottom