Well I saw my first baiter today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The ones that piss me off the most are prostitution stings! There are a few things a man shouldn't be held responsible for if you temp him to that degree of shoving it in his face.
Prostitution stings don't happen in the suburbs at a stop sign in the middle of the day. They happen in areas known to be frequented by prostitutes. It's not randomly done. The john is going to pull over and start talking to the scantily-clad woman. He's going to mention the sex act. He's going to name a price. Then he'll get arrested. It's not like women walk up to every car with a guy in it and start shaking their boobs at him.

I have no sympathy for anyone who gets nailed in a prostitution sting, or bait deer shooting, or bait car theft. It doesn't matter how nice that car looks. It's not yours, so keep your damn hands off! Same with bait deer. The law says no shooting from the road, and no hunting after dark. If it's 10:00 PM, and you're in your car, you're wrong!

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can say I have killed plenty of coyotes in my life and have never shot a coyote from a truck, off a truck or any other motor vehicle. I'm really shocked at where some of you guys are trying to make it out to be ok to do it. You are setting a very poor example for other hunters and if you are willing to do break the law for a coyote, you're probably breaking other laws as well. Kinda sad fellas.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I can say I have killed plenty of coyotes in my life and have never shot a coyote from a truck, off a truck or any other motor vehicle. I'm really shocked at where some of you guys are trying to make it out to be ok to do it. You are setting a very poor example for other hunters and if you are willing to do break the law for a coyote, you're probably breaking other laws as well. Kinda sad fellas.

yes shooting a yote from the road
is illeagel,but so is speeding,so is littering,there is alot stuff that is against the law.so shooting a yote from a road make you a bad person not in my books,does shooting a deer from the road make you a bad person sure does in my mind,does speeding on 10 mile over limit on a open highway make you a bad person most wold say no,a person speeding down a residental area does that make him a bad person you bet your ars it does, people just do'nt have commend sense anymore.Oh how many yotes have i shot at from the road none unless oilfield road counts,but if somebody does i do'nt think bad of them,a deer thats a differant story

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okhunter, I'm certainly not trying to make it out to be ok. I'm only saying that killing a coyote from the road to me is not the same as killing a trophy buck. It must not be the same for most states either. Get caught killing a trophy from the road and your fine can be upwards to 20 grand. Can't remember the name of the law but it may be called the Sampson law. Starter in Colorado when some ******* killed a big bull elk from the road. I personally have not ever heard of the Wiley Coyote law...Have you? No hard feelings..I just tired of this discussion..

Sampson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gents, I've enjoyed the debate. But I'm off to road hunt a couple of deer this weekend. And will see everyone next Monday.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol.. Nice touch. It's got a nice ring to it. But no I can't take credit for that one.
Actually Sampson I was afraid you would think I was throwing that at you. I just did a google on Colorado Sampson Law and I'm right about the name. Since that law was passed several states have passed the same thing. Basically says that when you kill a trophy you are not only fined for the normal shooting from a road and poaching the animal but you can also be fined for what that animal would have been worth on a private hunt. The last one I read was a guy got fined 5 grand for the antelope plus the normal fines...Please do a little research just so you don't think I was gouging you...BTW..have a good hunt and be careful..

Latest posts

Top Bottom