Well I saw my first baiter today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sampson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope, never done that either. Viking you have no grounds for questioning my honesty. I'm not in the habit of comitting violations of the law. Sure, we all make mistakes And the laws are sometimes confusing. By your comments, I'm guessing you've shot a lot of coyotes from the roadway. You can try to justifie it all you want, but it's still against the law.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First of all Sampson, I have not questioned your honesty. Hell, I don't even know you. Secondly, the last shot I fired from a gun was the day before Thanksgiving last year when I shot a buck. I'm 62 years old and truly don't care if I ever kill anything again. I am simply saying that I have trouble believing that a coyote is the same as a trophy buck. If I'm setting in my stand and see someone a mile off shoot at a coyote, I'm just going to wonder if they got him. If I see them shoot at a deer (much less a trophy buck) I'm calling the game warden.....I think the game warden will verify this statement.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys, Im all for your youth hunter program. But I am not gonna lie, I'm alittle bothered about your lack of concern about shooting from the road that some people here have expressed. I also do a hunter mentor program on my own farm with youth. But I would tell youth who hunt with me that its an ethical decision and a total disregard for safety to shoot at anything from the road, as well as being illegal. Would you allow your youth to shoot from the road? I would certainly hope not! But your views of entrapment will keep me from volunteering for your program. As a certified driving instructor, I advise those I teach to obey the speed limit, not to slow down and drive like they should when they see a black and white. If we are really going to teach about the outdoors and gun safety, we need to lead by example. And practice what we preach, in hunter education.. PERIOD!

OK Sampson. First of all, the Oklahoma Youth Hunting and Shooting Program is in no way tied to OSA. There are a few people from OSA that happen to be involved, and we do use the forum to promote certain things, but the organization is much larger than what you see here. I HIGHLY take offense that you would even come close to implying that we teach kids anything but the law. I am also going to guess your remarks were directed towards me, since I am a volunteer and I stirred the pot a little with my comments. This is a forum. It is here to discuss topics from all points of view. I made a comment, and specifically said I am only doing it to stir the pot and that I do not necessarily believe my own words, you are taking that way out of context. You are obviously new here by the number of posts you have made, so you have no clue what personalities are on this forum. Quit coming in here and judging people just because of a couple of comments that were made that you are taking way out of context. And for sure, quit judging an organization based on the opinions of people involved in it. We do not speak for the organization here. No one is saying they condone road hunting, in fact, quite the opposite. But not everyone agrees on LEO tactics to cut down on that. You saying that you are a LEO of some kind, I can appreciate your stance, and even agree with it for the most part. But for you to come in here and point fingers at people and somehow tie that to an organization they volunteer for is completely off base and unacceptable. And for you to say that you will not participate in that organization because of that... well, all I can say is you are hurting yourself man. Not hurting the kids any, there will be another volunteer to fill your shoes, so no big deal, but you are the one that is missing out.

Sampson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No,
I'm not new, but I was gone for awhile and had to re-list my info I guess it was lost when they made thier changes. But I am also entitled to my opinion as well as you. I do more then my fair share of Giving back to the community. Yes, some of my concerns was based on things you and others posted. Read my other post never said I had a problem with the youth program. But with some of the biased opinions expressed here. It is what it is. If represent my organization poorly it generally reflects on the organization as a whole, it's the same here.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not representing an organization here. My username is not OYH&SP. A person can have their own personal beliefs that does not have to follow every belief of an organization they belong to, even though in this situation that is not true. I am a republican, but I do not agree with and support every thing they stand for. If I speak my mind on that, does it speak poorly for the Republican Party as a whole? I would hope not. If a person perceives it as that, all I can say is they do not have the mental capacity to differentiate between the two and probably shouldn't be carrying a gun.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Absolutely. But slighting the OYH&SP based off of other's pot stirring comments is not right IMO. Slam me all you want for my comments, that is fine. My comments have nothing to do with OYH&SP.

Sampson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never slammed you or anyone else. I simply expressed another point of view. And for the last time, I don't have a problem with the youth hunting program. Yes, I had concerns. It's my right, my opinion to express. I would say the pot has been successfully stirred.

Sampson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No thanks, but I appreciate the offer. Not really my sort of thing. Don't mind a healthy debate, but no since makin it personal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom