Well it’s come and passed , will you continue to sell firearms ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This new law only applies to firearms dealers. It does not apply to individual gun owners selling their personal collections.

The rule is 500 pages long, and there’s some question about what constitutes a “firearms dealer.” Depending on how you interpret the rule, it could mean anyone selling a firearm for profit. Dettlebach has been asked repeatedly how many such firearms would make a seller a dealer, and he’s dodged the question every time with the answer, “it depends…”

I wouldn’t trust the ATF in this regard. Or any other regard, for that matter.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The rule is 500 pages long, and there’s some question about what constitutes a “firearms dealer.” Depending on how you interpret the rule, it could mean anyone selling a firearm for profit. Dettlebach has been asked repeatedly how many such firearms would make a seller a dealer, and he’s dodged the question every time with the answer, “it depends…”

I wouldn’t trust the ATF in this regard. Or any other regard, for that matter.

I have read the entire 460 pages and posted the relevant carve out on here a couple of weeks ago. There is a specific exemption for citizens selling their personal collection. There is no mention of a limit. Nor is there a mention of a “profit” component for private citizen sales. I’d say proceed as a reasonable man would.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have read the entire 460 pages and posted the relevant carve out on here a couple of weeks ago. There is a specific exemption for citizens selling their personal collection. There is no mention of a limit. Nor is there a mention of a “profit” component for private citizen sales. I’d say proceed as a reasonable man would.

Fair enough. But do you trust the ATF to be “reasonable” given their recent history of flip-flopping? I do not, at all.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they were to ever begin to put something like this into effect, they would start with all the “private collections” at gun shows. That would keep them busy for years.

They don’t have the personnel to do much more than current activity.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they were to ever begin to put something like this into effect, they would start with all the “private collections” at gun shows. That would keep them busy for years.

They don’t have the personnel to do much more than current activity.

They don’t need to go after all of them. Just a few, and publicize the prosecutions. That will keep a lot of people guessing who’s attending the shows.

OneMoreEvan

Snake Eater
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People should tell them to pound sand with those unconstitutional "rules". I am a grown man, I follow no one's rules but God. I try to follow laws as best as I can, but if a law is repugnant to the Constitution, it is null and void in my eyes. When an enforcement agency decides that they can just make it up as they go along, they can lick the bottom of my boot as far as I'm concerned.

Latest posts

Top Bottom