West Norman shooting yesterday; shooter was CLEET instructor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I personally watched someone pull taser probes from his chest and get very violent. It took 6 of us in the jail to subdue him . True story that guy was a beast and yes he was on drugs
I've seen the same thing happen out on the streets. As a matter of fact, I deployed a taser on one guy who just laughed and pulled the probes out.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Show me where those gang bangers were handcuffed in that shooting video
Good grief it was an analogy. The gang banger was shot in the head & unconscious when Ersland murdered him.
So again, both the handcuffed scenario & unconscious head shot criminals were not a threat. That’s my only point. Shooting them at that point is murder.
Unlike you I don’t endorse murder.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not going to debate with you on which is more effective at stopping someone, it should be evident to most people. And other than saying, at face value it doesn't look good, I'm not speaking to what took place in Norman without having all the facts. I'm only going to say I'm talking from firsthand experience of someone who worked the streets and saw less than lethal used many times, some successfully, others not so much
The other thing I'll say about OC is, if it is not properly deployed (and before you say anything I don't care that you say you were trained in its use) accidents can happen and if the wind catches OC, which happens a lot, and blows it back at the person who sprayed it, it ain't good.

I agree with you 100% the colleratal damage aspect of using OC , CS or CN are huge . spray the agressor and potentially get two or three other people . Off to jail you probably will go for assault and battery

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good grief it was an analogy. The gang banger was shot in the head & unconscious when Ersland murdered him.
So again, both the handcuffed scenario & unconscious head shot criminals were not a threat. That’s my only point. Shooting them at that point is murder.

Yet you fail to understand he wouldn't have gotten killed had he not entered the pharmacy with a gun , no one can prove the head shot killed him . Again don't go robbing and and don't get killed while robbing

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed, you can't shoot handcuffed subjects or people no longer posing a threat, hell you can't even smack someone whose been handcuffed. And one can't just shoot someone fleeing from a crime either, but if they do they better have an extremely good reason and hope for a sympathetic jury in both the criminal and civil cases that they will most likely be subjected to.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I'm not going to debate with you on which is more effective at stopping someone, it should be evident to most people. And other than saying, at face value it doesn't look good, I'm not speaking to what took place in Norman without having all the facts. I'm only going to say I'm talking from firsthand experience of someone who worked the streets and saw less than lethal used many times, some successfully, others not so much.

The other thing I'll say about OC is, if it is not properly deployed (and before you say anything I don't care that you say you were trained in its use) accidents can happen and if the wind catches OC, which happens a lot, and blows it back at the person who sprayed it, it ain't good.
You’re right about that. I had that lovely experience using dog spray when I was a letter carrier.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom