Wha the shikabob is this crap?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, whoever reloaded them for you could start by adding a taper crimp to them. I.e. There may be a gun problem also, but there definitely appears to be an ammo problem - don't shoot those, I guess you know.

Rayz, this belongs in the Handgun forum - be careful; there's rule that says you can be banned for doing this (starting things in the clearly wrong forum).

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think there is some ammo problems too. Looks like a classic case of setback to me. The bullet looks to have struck the feedramp or barrel hard enough to push the bullet back into the case.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, whoever reloaded them for you could start by adding a taper crimp to them. I.e. There may be a gun problem also, but there definitely appears to be an ammo problem - don't shoot those, I guess you know.

Rayz, this belongs in the Handgun forum - be careful; there's rule that says you can be banned for doing this (starting things in the clearly wrong forum).

This might be something to look at. I had some rounds that wouldn't chamber in my EMP 40 because they had no crimp. Barry opened up the chamber for me slightly. Then again that feed ramp doesn't look right.

+1 on buying better mags. Wilson, CMC, and Tripps have all worked for me.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reloads without a good taper crimp could definitely cause the same issue. I think brass that's work hardened will sometimes spring back enough that you don't get a good crimp either.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen Wilson Combat Mags fix all kinds of issues people thought were wrong with their 1911. Good enough for the Marine Corps and it's good enough for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom