What a Dickhead move from a Texas BB player

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m guessing the Texas player thought he’d throw one up just after the clock ran out. You see it all the time. He mis-timed it by .2.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like you’d like an explanation, so I’ll give it a shot.

It’s referred to as “dribbling out”, and it is exactly the same as a football offense setting up in victory formation when they have a big lead.

In basketball they bring the ball across the timeline, and spread the floor and dribble in the corner. They aren’t set up to run the offense, so the defense sags, like the defense sags in football. If you’re not gonna try to score we’re not gonna defend you. It’s sportsmanship and class. Pure and simple.

So, let’s say The Texas Longhorns football offense sets up in victory formation with a big 38-14 lead over Oklahoma University on first down and 2 seconds left in the 4th quarter and the defense went easy on the snap and UT sent a guy deep and threw a long TD, would that be okay? That is the same scenario as bombing a trey with .2 on the clock and a 10+ point lead. It’s a classless, dickhead move. He got throughly boo’ed for it at a neutral site that was full of fans for several teams, not just OK State & TX fans. TCU & K-State were about to start so I’d guess there were more of their fans there at that time than either OK State or TX fans.

UT was dribbling out the clock for several seconds, so in victory formation, shot clock is off, and with .2 on the clock this cat launches a trey. Not his best moment, and I’m 100% certain he got talked to about it.

Sportsmanship used to be really prevalent in all sports. Not so much anymore. Seems like some folks here would like to see the Downs Syndrome kid put in the game at the end so he can score a TD pile driven into the turf, cause you know, ****, ya gotta play to the final buzzer.
I think you're wasting your time with the explanation.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you're wasting your time with the explanation.

More than likely, and I know better, so what does that make me? :-)

Seems like the one guy got it though. That’s a win as far as I’m concerned.

I gotta go, I got a lotta **** to do today. Trying to finish a house and the farrier is gonna be here at 2 o’clock. Ya’ll carry on though and fight the good fight!

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m guessing the Texas player thought he’d throw one up just after the clock ran out. You see it all the time. He mis-timed it by .2

Latest posts

Top Bottom