What caliber for Hog hunting in OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You got that right. I ran chainsaw yesterday evening, and it was pleasantly hot. Big difference between 85 and 100. Calling for a high of 70 tomorrow, and 2-5 inches of rain, local amounts as much as 8 inches. Not typical July weather for sure.
8 inches....lmao that weather man is full of himself.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
8 inches....lmao that weather man is full of himself.

3.bp.blogspot.com__Z4qq0VpstbI_TdShBRE3qhI_AAAAAAAAEQw_H2riZFSqsNA_s1600_funny_weatherman.jpg

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The biggest problem that people make for themselves is not understanding swine biology. They're built a lot more compactly than deer.

i45.photobucket.com_albums_f76_johnnyfire_feralhog1.jpg

Couple of corrections here, I think we are talking about swine anatomy, more than biology. And while they physically may be more compact than a deer, they actually have a lot bigger target area. On a deer, one would normally only take a shot at the heart and lungs, as shown in your diagram. On a hog, feel free to take a shot at any area you see marked in green in the image below. Once you get a confirmed hit somewhere in the green area, move on to the next hog and repeat until all ammunition is depleted.

questmhsa.com_r00s7a_hogvitals.jpg

Gus Petch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Couple of corrections here, I think we are talking about swine anatomy, more than biology. And while they physically may be more compact than a deer, they actually have a lot bigger target area. On a deer, one would normally only take a shot at the heart and lungs, as shown in your diagram. On a hog, feel free to take a shot at any area you see marked in green in the image below. Once you get a confirmed hit somewhere in the green area, move on to the next hog and repeat until all ammunition is depleted.

questmhsa.com_r00s7a_hogvitals.jpg
Uh, okay. Thank you for your "input." http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/biology?s=t

Latest posts

Top Bottom