What caliber for Hog hunting in OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys are way off track here. The OP is crying for help and we need to help him. If this man needs justification to buy a new rifle, it's our responsibility to help him.

Sir, no rifle or caliber you own will work with hogs. Actually, it's dangerous for you to go up against even the smallest pig with what you have. Please be safe and buy a new rifle. You'll need a gun in a caliber that you don't own and cannot borrow. And, you need to do so quickly. Be safe.

My bad, I soooooooooooooo totally agree with the above. You have not what you need, go get what you need!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Screenshot_2013-09-12-18-09-36-1.jpg
30-06 works good

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
622887_10151068114486525_479147459_o.jpg
A bad shot from a muzzle loader pissed this one off. When I got close enough to him when trailing him through the woods, he turned around to face off with me, 1 well placed shot in his head from a .357 Sig dropped him like a rock.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really need to put a big pig on my bucket list. Cool pics man.
Planning a trip to a buddies place in Weatherford. He has pigs and horses that you can shoot off of. He says the pigs dont run from the horse so you can walk up to within 15 yards and use a .44 mag pistol on them. Can't wait. I had this experience with deer too, they dont see the rider, just a horse and you literally have to walk around the deer on trails because they wont spook unless you make a noise.

Latest posts

Top Bottom