What can you tell me about s&w pro series 1911 in 9mm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xrd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok here is the initial results of my function check at the range.

Fisrt the gun: when put together every thing feels tight. I found when I took it apart that the spring tension kept it tight. The bushings is loose in the slide; the barrel is loose in the bushing; there was a fitting issue with the ejector hitting the back of the slide during reasembly (a quick file touch and it corrected the slide cut) ; the grip safety pushes a little lever up and moves (I think) a block out of the way of
the firing pin - that lever sticks up too high i had to really push it down hard to get the back of the slide to go over it.

The sights are combat type three white dots. Rear is drift adjustable with a small set screw. Is okay for combat but there is a lot of daylight on seach side of the front post.

I did put 100 rounds through it. It grouped well at 5 yards with a supported position. 10 yards was the size of a large orange. At 25 standing supported by barricade post grouped the size of a large paper plate. It functioned fine without any issues.

My opinion is this gun is a duty grade gun. Nothing real special. Kinda pricey but it looks and feels good to shoot.

I will probably have it worked over to make it as accurate as possible later.

X.

Latest posts

Top Bottom