What did you do in the reloading room today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put an angry there for you @dennishoddy because that means I probably need to clean my room also.
So much clutter.
It's not totally uncluttered, but warmed up the shop to t-shirt levels and got most of everything put away enough it could get brushed off somewhat. Bench is 3' deep and 10' long with three loaders attached.
Took a lot of pondering to figure out why those 5, .223 bullets were sitting in a group, why were those 5, .270 rounds in that corner, that's some odd straight wall brass over there that I can't identify, and then there is that pile of reloading rejects on the other end that need bullets pulled or primers didn't get installed with powder loss.
Actually, I'm pretty proud of that pile of reject cartridges. It's small compared to the volume of rounds that have ran across that bench, but they are still there, so that is another day's project.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
5.56, .308 and 6.5 ready for the sonic cleaner and then trimming tomorrow. Fairly productive day on the bench today.

20221222_223840.jpg

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cleaned 250 rounds .45 ACP
Cleaned 400 rounds .357
Cleaned 150 rounds .38 Spl
Cleaned and sorted 200 rounds of .30 Carbine, .41M, .44M, .45 Colt, .30-30

FedEx delivered my RCBS ChargeMaster powder scale. Got it set up.
Wanted to go get my loaders from the other house and get them set up, but it is too dang cold to get out. I can barely breath to open the door and let dogs out.

Maybe take a few pics tomorrow.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cleaned 250 rounds .45 ACP
Cleaned 400 rounds .357
Cleaned 150 rounds .38 Spl
Cleaned and sorted 200 rounds of .30 Carbine, .41M, .44M, .45 Colt, .30-30

FedEx delivered my RCBS ChargeMaster powder scale. Got it set up.
Wanted to go get my loaders from the other house and get them set up, but it is too dang cold to get out. I can barely breath to open the door and let dogs out.

Maybe take a few pics tomorrow.
Chargemaster is on my very short list.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Chargemaster is on my very short list.
I had the Hornady model that worked just fine for years bought on sale. For whatever reason it quit two years ago.
Always been an RCBS fan so bought the Charge Master. Thought I loved it until finding that if I calibrated it with the wind screen closed it calibrated zero. When opening the screen it went to .3 grains. When closing it, the screen said .1, not zero. It's not repeatable even after multi calibrations.
My buddy was watching this as he has one as well.
He went home and tried his. It did not have this issue so I guess the problem is with my unit.
I'll contact RCBS after the first of the year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom