What did you do in the reloading room today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trimming today
20221223_133027.jpg

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Loaded up a batch of 147gr rn 9mm and did initial setup for .223 on my progressive. Oh and added some booger (double-sided) tape to my shell holder tubes and collator since I'm not fond of playing 52 pick-up every time I decide to change loads and forget to grab shell holder by the base instead of grabbing it by the tubes. :homer:

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last night I loaded up about 25 pcs of .223 with 50gr Hornady v-max and 26.5gr of tac, but in my quest to get everything together to run on my lee progressive press, I forgot to aquire a trim die for my lee quick trim setup. Well channeling my inner @swampratt I grabbed my .270 trim die and an appropriate o-ring that held brass somewhat centered in the oversized .270 die and went to work with the trimmer. Surprisingly it worked with a bit of thumb pressure on the case with frequent checks of OAL. Finally got them all trimmed and ready for loading which the rest of the process was rather uneventful. So as the creepy uncle used to say:"There's more than one way to feed the dog peanut butter!":ooh2:

I do have a trim die on the way from Midway thanks to their well timed free shipping coupon code.

Latest posts

Top Bottom