What did you do to get prepared for season today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haha i just saw this thread after starting the other one! Now don't I feel like a bonehead! I loaded up a new 257 wby load today. 115gr Berger VLD pushed by 63gr of reloader 22.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I shot a few arrows out of my recurve. I got up and met my brother at my auto repair shop at 4:30 this morning and extracted some broken bolts and did some welding on our roto tiller for the tractor and fixed an oil leak and broken dipstick on the tractor to get it ready to work all day doing food plots today. Hopefully the rain will come tomorrow and water them in good.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I shoot my longbow every morning and evening. Im deadly from 20yds in, 25yd i like my chances, 30yds, he will hafta be huge or they get a pass.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've been shooting my longbow some. I'm ready for these 55 degree mornings that they're predicting and I'll be shooting a whole lot more. Just 25 days out!!

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last weekend was pretty busy
Went out to the lease and stood up and fixed a tower stand a tornado knocked over. Built permanent walls on a groundblind elevator plus got feeders and cams going.
Been back to shooting the bow every day for the last couple weeks (I'm slacking from normal years), plus tuning bows and getting everyone else ready. Washed all camo/hunting cloths plus our bags.
Then I went and did a little scouting on the new river property I picked up.
Working OT as I write this to help figure out how to pay for all these trips we are going on this year LOL

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cursed all the upper management at my work under my breath! I got a promotion (so I guess I better not complain too much!!!) and found out today its very likely I will be going to baltimore for 4 weeks, starting in october! I know I have several months for archery but I hate cold weather so I was hoping to take advantage of those warm early october days! Other than that, I have been shooting my bow at dusk every night because I will primarily be hunting in the evenings this year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom