What do you keep by your bedside and why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Greetings,

Just wondering what kind if firearm youse guys keep by your bedside and why that choice?

I'll start.

First of all, I live out in the sticks....love it...and law enforcement is usually at least 30 minutes away, so I am on my own. Frankly, that's the way I like it.

I keep a double barrel hammer type 12 guage by the bed loaded with double naught blue whistlers.

Reason being you can keep this thing loaded and at the ready with no springs compressed forever. Just cock the hammers and your ready to go.

Besides, the DB scattergun has a very distinct intimidation value. Hard to stare down a DB pointing at your nose.

I also keep a Glock 17 stashed in the headboard. Loaded 3 rounds shy of full capacity in order not to stress the mag springs too much. I keep the chamber empty.

I sleep in a pair of old carpenter type blue jeans (cut offs), ...not a pretty sight...they have large pockets and accommodate the Glock very nicely in the large front pockets.

Should I get a 3AM unannounced visitor (and I pray to my maker that this never happens),
I can stash the Glock in my front pocket...instant holster...grab my DB and I'm ready to go. Should I use both of my double naughts, I can drop my scattergun,grab my Glock, rack in a round and have a few more chances to put an end to the festivities.

Also, if you have someone you don't know knock at the door, after looking at the 24hr door security cameras, you can just pocket the Glock and answer the door without sticking a gun in their face. In this situation, I would have a round in the chamber.

I know, some of you say this is overkill, and that I may be a bit paranoid...but that's ok.

Would be interested to know what some of you others do.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
9 shot Mossberg 590 with IFL, loaded with 00buck.
Devastating hits at any range I would use it at, I am more comfortable with long guns than pistols and pump guns are pretty reliable

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taurus Judge with Federal 00 buck in the first shot, .45LC in the next 4. Once their attention is obtained, the M4 with a 30 round pmag and a Fenix light comes out from under the bed to continue the conservation.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CZ 75B .40 S&W in the night stand, then I have my AR and a 12 gauge pump in an ironing board closet that I converted to a SHTF closet. All loaded to the teeth and hoping that I never need them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom