What edc have you stuck with the longest?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine are benchmade 942. Carried mainly from 2005-2009. Gave it to a friend as a going away gift.

Griptilian. 2009-2013. Lost in lake.

Spyderco resilience 2013-2017. Broke blade.

2018-2019 benchmade bugout with titanium scales. Still have.

Since then a bunch of different ones but nothing that really stuck. Still searching for the next one I really like. Right now I'm carrying a Chinese clone of the mini bugout in shirt pocket.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've always got a Victorinox in my pocket. I've carried a SAK for as long as I can remember. Even as a kid in Cub Scouts, I had one.

Sorry...here's a pic. :rolleyes2

20240729_232344.jpg

20240729_232159.jpg

Last edited:

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Victorinox Cadet. I think I got the first one about 50 years ago. I'm on my fourth one now. When I'm wearing jeans I'll probably have a Spyderco Cat the last 20 years or so. Geez I'm old.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always got a Victorinox in my pocket. I've carried a SAK for as long as I can remember. Even as a kid in Cub Scouts, I had one.
What model is best for you? I have a one of the large ones with saw that I really like for camping since it has everything I need. Haven't used it much though. Kinda want to carry it in a pouch edc but never get past the convenience of pocket clips.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have not carried it much lately, because for some reason this is the only knife I lose. When I start carrying it, it's going to last about 3 or 4 days and then I lose it.
They don't make them anymore so when I find them in pawn shops I buy them at stockpile them. The Gerber EZ Out.
20240729_215004.jpg

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kershaw Grid. Cheap enough to lose but more than good enough to do what I need.

I have been carrying this model for many years. This is #3. #1 was lost and #2 I wore out the assisted opening mechanism.

1000008942.jpg

Last edited:

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They all cut just fine but for me a knife is more than that. Kind of a companion. But I used to camp and fish a lot and I used my knife continuously so it made more of a difference. I used heavy mono and needed to cut that. Cut bait. Cooking. Trimming branches for hammock. Rope. Repairs. Scraping. A little wood splitting. Cooking sticks. Popping beer caps so need tough scales. Maybe that's why I can't settle on one now, my cutting tasks are minimal.

The resilience was popular with everyone because of the large handle and thin blade and angle. I've been camping with people that didn't bring a knife and had people compliment how well it did for vegetables and meat cutting.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom