What is all this about?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d like to know a little more about Gov Stitts intentions. I thought we just passed a law criminalizing illegals?

Gov. Kevin Stitt’s work permit and visa task force has five recommendations for how Oklahoma can encourage non-citizens to join its workforce. They include establishing a new government office and providing certain folks with special privilege cards to drive — which require legislative will to implement.​

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The devil is in the details, and there’s insufficient detail in that article to make an informed decision. I’d guess that this is actually about streamlining the processes for hiring non-citizens who are here legally, but that “journalist” is not making a distinction between immigrant and illegal immigrant—or immigrant and visitor.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
State jobs are long known for being low wage compared to the private sector. I'd be surprised if it wasn't an effort to fill chronically understaffed positions. I can almost guarantee you that article left a whole lot of substance out too.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’d like to know a little more about Gov Stitts intentions. I thought we just passed a law criminalizing illegals?

Gov. Kevin Stitt’s work permit and visa task force has five recommendations for how Oklahoma can encourage non-citizens to join its workforce. They include establishing a new government office and providing certain folks with special privilege cards to drive — which require legislative will to implement.​

As long as they cannot vote, unlike Commiefornia.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Illegal means illegal, not undocumented, unhoused, unauthorized, non-citizen, unlawfully-present, without-status, temporary migrant, et al.

Illegal is criminal.
The article doesn’t tell you enough to know if they’re talking about illegal immigrants, legal immigrants, or people who are just here temporarily. There are a lot of foreign nationals in this state who are here legally, so maybe this is designed to help them fill otherwise unfilled jobs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom